2008 - 06/07 - Kansas City, MO - Starlight Theatre

... and ROCK we did! smile.gif

Great show, as expected. Actually, the guys seemed to be having the most fun of any show of theirs I've seen. Beautiful venue, beautiful weather, great band... all the right ingredients for a killer show.

I'd purposely avoided any spoilers for this tour, so I was pleasantly surprised by the setlist changes, and I was definitely happy that the show was 15-20 minutes longer than most shows.

Almost every show on the past few tours I've been to have been right at 3 hours, including intermission. Last night the opening video started about 7:40ish and they left the stage for the last time at a couple minutes shy of 11:00! 1022.gif

I hope some of my pics came out - my camera battery died before the end of the show, so I can't check them out until I get back home later today, but I'll try to post some when I get home, especially the one with Geddy wearing a KU National Champion T-shirt!! smile.gif

Thanks for a great show guys! Hope to see you again in a year or so wink.gif

Vive la Rush....The show was GREAT and I'm glad I got to meet you and your hubby.

SnowDogR30....Nice to meet you too.

Wish I could have met Garden Dancer. Maybe next time.

2.gif ON

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

How was attendance?

Did the Rock Fest have the impact that was discussed in the forums?

QUOTE (missionman @ Jun 9 2008, 12:47 AM)
Vive la Rush....The show was GREAT and I'm glad I got to meet you and your hubby.

SnowDogR30....Nice to meet you too.

Wish I could have met Garden Dancer. Maybe next time.

2.gif ON

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Thanks, Missionman!!!! trink39.gif biggrin.gif Yes, I enjoyed meeting you, your friend, and SnowdogR30, too!!!!!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif yes.gif yes.gif You guys are FIRST-RATE RUSH FANS, and I had A LOT OF FUN during that brief pre-show get-together!!!! trink39.gif trink36.gif biggrin.gif

The concert was A BLAST, BTW!!!!!!!!!! common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif It was SO MAGICAL, I didn't ever want it to end!!!!!!! wub.gif wub.gif The venue was BEAUTIFUL, too!!!!!!!!! yes.gif yes.gif

I sure hope to see all of you again, the next time (let's hope) RUSH comes to KC!!!! yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif

RUSH ON!!!!!!!!! common001.gif common001.gif 2.gif

Lucky you, Missionman!!!! yes.gif trink39.gif I tried to talk my hubby into letting us go to the St. Louis concert, but he wouldn't even entertain the thought!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif sad.gif angry.gif angry.gif I've been wanting to see Rush in St. Louis SO BADLY, but I suppose I'm lucky my husband even let us go to KC!!!!!!! I'll certainly cherish the memories FOREVER!!!!!!!! wub.gif wub.gif trink39.gif yes.gif You FORTUNATE FANS who live in LARGE CITIES!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I hope you have an AWESOME time at the St. Louis concert, Missionman!!!!!!!!! cheer.gif common001.gif bncegrn.gif trink39.gif I'll be thinking of you!!!!!!!! trink39.gif

QUOTE (missionman @ Jun 28 2008, 03:13 AM)
Vive la Rush...Don't let hubby get to ya. I'm sure there'll be another time. smile.gif

Missionman,

THANKS SO MUCH for your encouragement!!!!!!! biggrin.gif It means a lot to me. I enjoyed meeting you IMMENSELY at the KC preshow party, and thought about you and the other ECSTATIC Rush fans who attended the St. Louis concert Saturday night!!!!!!! trink39.gif (See my comments in the St. Louis - "A Show of Fans" section.)

Anyway, RUSH ON, Missionman!!!!!!!! trink39.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif I STRONGLY hope Rush tours again, and I DEFINITELY hope I'll be able to meet with you and the other AVID Rush fans again!!!!!!!!!!!!! trink39.gif common001.gif common001.gif bekloppt.gif yes.gif yes.gif

Archived