Dolphins hire Tony Soprano

tupelobarchetta

You know I'm just yanking your chain with the topic title.

I know it's Tony Sparano.

I'm not surprised by the hire. He's of the House of Parcells. I figured the Dolphins weren't going to hire someone outside Parcells' circle as HC when they were bringing in assistants and front office personnel who've previously worked under the Big Tuna.

If you're a Dolphins fan, what do you think of Sparano hiring?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Akc0...ov=ap&type=lgns

Miami Cowboys eh.gif

Then again I thought he really kicked ass in The Sopranos 1022.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 16 2008, 04:45 PM)
QUOTE (Huck @ Jan 16 2008, 11:42 AM)
Miami Cowboys  eh.gif

Then again I thought he really kicked ass in The Sopranos  1022.gif

With Ireland as the GM, you will have one fine draft this year.

We need it.

I think picking Tedd Ginn 1st round last year was a mistake. There were more important positions to fill even though I like him as a receiver and kick returner.

It's a shame there's no Tebow until next year b_sigh.gif The Fins should trade their 1st pick for someone elses 1st and 2nd round picks IMO. McFadden will be hot property but we don't neeed a RB.

QUOTE (Huck @ Jan 16 2008, 11:53 AM)
Miami Cowboys  eh.gif

We need it.

I think picking Tedd Ginn 1st round last year was a mistake. There were more important positions to fill even though I like him as a receiver and kick returner.

It's a shame there's no Tebow until next year b_sigh.gif The Fins should trade their 1st pick for someone elses 1st and 2nd round picks IMO. McFadden will be hot property but we don't neeed a RB.

You might not have any takers but your best bet would be to trade the 1st overall pick for other picks/players. I just don't think that you will have any takers for that scenario. There isn't a clear cut superstar coming out in this draft. At least not an obvious one.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 16 2008, 05:10 PM)
QUOTE (Huck @ Jan 16 2008, 11:53 AM)
Miami Cowboys  eh.gif

We need it.

You might not have any takers but your best bet would be to trade the 1st overall pick for other picks/players. I just don't think that you will have any takers for that scenario. There isn't a clear cut superstar coming out in this draft. At least not an obvious one.

Yes I think a trade for picks/players would be more likely.

There's a few RB's I like in this draft. McFadden, Stewart, Mildenhall (I think that's his name), Slaton and Hart.

OT Jake Long, DT Glenn Dorsey, DE Chris Long and QBs Brian Brohm, Matt Ryan and Andre Woodson seem pretty good players, but as you say no one apart from McFadden really stands out at present.

Archived