Midnight Oil

Slacker

Shouldn't this be in the music section rather than the moves and TV section.

Ohh listen at me, only been here a month and already moderating. laugh.gif

But yeah thanks for posting this, I've always thought Midnight Oil was a very cool band name when I've seen it in the local music shops but never heard anything... Until now!

Great band, especially 10,9,8,7... and Red Sails in the Sunset. Dream in Blue, Generals Talk, Short Memory...great stuff. Oh, Best of Both Worlds! "You say, times are tough..."

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 16 2007, 05:51 PM)
(can one of our Aussie members verify this?).

I'm no Aussie but yes, he is. He quit the band and became a politician. I think I saw a video on YT of him in the parliament...

Midnight Oil are a great band, I remember their live album "Scream in Blue" is terrific. Still play it today from time to time...

QUOTE (H. P. L. @ Dec 17 2007, 05:55 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 16 2007, 05:51 PM)
(can one of our Aussie members verify this?).

I'm no Aussie but yes, he is. He quit the band and became a politician. I think I saw a video on YT of him in the parliament...

Midnight Oil are a great band, I remember their live album "Scream in Blue" is terrific. Still play it today from time to time...

I love Midnight Oil. They were very political so it doesn't surprize me. That's cool.

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Dec 19 2007, 09:22 PM)
This should be in music of the spheres. Not video vertigo.

If you started at the top of the thread you would have seen it was already mentioned.

wacko.gif

They had maybe one big hit with the beds are burning, but they released a load of good songs far better. Blue Sky Mining is my favourite album along with Diesel & Dust. Have not heard their latest efforts, but I think they went downhill after Earth+sun+moon.