I always return to Snakes & Arrows

Earthshine

yes.gif Probably my second favourite album, after Moving Pictures.

I've been a Rush fan for almost 30 years and every new album somehow gets the same initial reaction when i first hear. "What the feck have they done now". Some take months even years for me to get in to.

Only recently i was playing some of the very early lesser played tracks and i realised just how good every album is, if given the time.

Moving Pictures will take a lot of beating in my opinion, but S & A gives it a bloody good run. trink39.gif

QUOTE (douglip @ Dec 23 2007, 06:24 PM)
I find with some bands that the albums that I regard as true classics, are the ones that reveal their greatness gradually.

trink38.gif

I'd agree with this, I've been a fan since Moving Pictures and while I immediately liked parts of S&A, it has grown on me in a huge way to become one of my favorite Rush albums. I'd also add that some songs that didn't wow me the first few times through became favorites after hearing them live this summer, where they took on a harder edge.

As someone else stated, show me another band of this vintage making albums this good.

QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Dec 15 2007, 04:21 AM)
Hard to believe that after 30 years this band can STILL produce great albums! This is one of my all time favorites, and I've been a fan since ATWAS was released!

100% agree !!! (I'm fan since the release of Counterparts)

This is one of the best Rush albums ever and one of my favorite Rush albums ever!

Few months after the release I still can's stop listening it (sometimes twice a day)...it's...great!

Archived