Memphis?

edmondy

nashville would be the obvious choice but they do play alot of rush on 98.1 and rock103 so you never know. maybe play at trhe desoto civic center instead of the forum but close to memephis would be a great gig since we live close. arlington for me! trink39.gif

BTW anyone going to the van halen concert in little rock?

What about this venue for a Rush concert? AutoZone Park.

I know it's hosted concerts in the past, including the Willie Nelson/Bob Dylan doubleheader tour. Will the "freedom of baseball" come to Memphis?

If any of you have been to AutoZone Park for a concert, what was it like....

i don't think autozone would be able to handle the enormous stage and all that it encompasses. desoto would be the next obvious choice if they don't play the forum. BTW it doesn't look good for memphis since van halen is playing little rock and tickets sold are around 40% of capacity. i just hope rush would fair better in memphis. they probably are watching ticket sales very closely in the rush camp.

now there are rumors of little rock.....they won't play both, that i know. BUT a radio station in memphis said that rush might be here in spring. man i don't know confused13.gif

The last time Rush played Memphis was 05/21/1992... at the Mid-South Coliseum with Mr. Big as the opening band.

I was there... that was my very first Rush concert ever.

I'm stunned as well that they're supposedly not going to be playing Memphis or anywhere else in TN during the 2008 leg of the tour. That really sucks!

Maybe we'll get lucky and a Memphis date will get added... keeping my fingers crossed but otherwise planning on I guess driving to either New Orleans or St. Louis for one of those 2 shows.

I'm disappointed Memphis isn't on the list.

After seeing the Rushisaband.com preliminary tour list this week and considering touring logistics, I had a feeling Memphis would be left out.

Oh, well. Time to start thinking about my tour plans.

New Orleans and St. Louis would be the best possibilities, since they're on Saturday nights. The Atlanta show would require taking some time off work, but it's workable - just like last year when the guys opened the tour in ATL.

QUOTE (tupelobarchetta @ Jan 18 2008, 09:21 AM)
I'm disappointed Memphis isn't on the list.

After seeing the Rushisaband.com preliminary tour list this week and considering touring logistics, I had a feeling Memphis would be left out.

Oh, well. Time to start thinking about my tour plans.

New Orleans and St. Louis would be the best possibilities, since they're on Saturday nights. The Atlanta show would require taking some time off work, but it's workable - just like last year when the guys opened the tour in ATL.

Hey TB!

We are leaning toward Atlanta, though, as I realized in conversation with my wife today, a whole lot of things have to happen for me, my wife and possibly my daughter to go. Here's hoping it will. Later!

Archived