Alex's missed notes...

rickyrob

On the second night (I think) at Wembley London on the R30 tour Alex mucked up a bit of La Villa which led to a rant someting along the lines of "I had a dream, in this dream I was playing a song in front of thousands of people, a song that I had played for years, but I was playing it wrong then I wole up and it was true".

it was very funny (if you could hear it thru the poor sound).

disco

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Feb 15 2005, 03:44 AM)
Doesn't he miss one in La Villa Strangiato on Rush In Rio?

yes.gif I'm sure he does....some where in the middle around the 'monsters' bit from what i can remember.

It is pretty interesting to read all of the coments here, good topic. I believe as fans regardless of what band or bands we love I think we take it for granted that they are gonna be perfect all the time forgeting tha they are human and expecting so much from them all of the time. Regardless of your passion or love for something. For example take me unsure.gif I love fly fishing with all my heart it is my one great passion/love. Their are days when everything is perfect, timing in casting, setting the hook when the fish hits, keeping the fish out of snags and landing him. Then their are days when none of that is going well at all and your like , what the hell is going on today everything is out of whack. But that's why I love it so much it is not AUTOMATIC everytime out. I belive this apply's to anything you do especially something you love. I guess the point is here"finally" is that no matter how many times we do something there is alway's room for error., even our beloved Trio we call 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/troutbum/102_0244.jpg

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jan 9 2005, 10:10 AM)
QUOTE (afansince74 @ Jan 9 2005, 10:04 AM)
A little off topic, but what about Geddy?  He has historically flubbed the only line he has in 2112, probabbly a dozen times that I've heard him do it!  doh.gif  It's like a mental block when he gets to that part.  Just can't quite get the timing down sometimes.  I kinda wait for it each time I hear it live.... "Is he gonna get it this time?  Come on Ged!  You can do it!"  Kinda a game for me, and I'm cheerin' them on!  Oh, who cares if they flub once in a while.  Better than going to see some band and finding out they can't even play what they recorded!  no.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

laugh.gif ...."..and the meek shall, erm, what was that again, oh yes, inherit, erm, the Earth..." laugh.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Feb 15 2005, 06:53 PM)
A little off topic, but what about Geddy?  He has historically flubbed the only line he has in 2112, probabbly a dozen times that I've heard him do it!  doh.gif  It's like a mental block when he gets to that part.  Just can't quite get the timing down sometimes.  I kinda wait for it each time I hear it live.... "Is he gonna get it this time?  Come on Ged!  You can do it!"  Kinda a game for me, and I'm cheerin' them on!  Oh, who cares if they flub once in a while.  Better than going to see some band and finding out they can't even play what they recorded!  no.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

laugh.gif ...."..and the meek shall, erm, what was that again, oh yes, inherit, erm, the Earth..." laugh.gif

rofl3.gif

On this same thought, when they play 2112 on "A Show of Hands" Alex comes in late on, "And the meek shall inherit the earth."

I can name a few other minor mistakes Alex has made:

*On RIR, Alex messes up the first few notes of The Trees solo

*On the ASoH video, at the VERY last riff of The Spirit of Radio, he misses a note.

*I remember when I saw Rush on the VT tour, during Distant Early Warning, just before the solo, he hit a WAY-off note, stopped playing for about a second, then got himself together with the other guys.

Why kind of a world IS this, where people nitpick at Alex's mistakes? confused13.gif

smile.gif biggrin.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif Hehe

-Matt

He didn't show up for one show ... they used a cyborg who played the parts perfectly ... Geddy was unaware of this and was so surprised by the perfection, that he didn't even notice the blond in the front row constantly flashing him.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Feb 15 2005, 10:19 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Feb 15 2005, 06:53 PM)

rofl3.gif

On this same thought, when they play 2112 on "A Show of Hands" Alex comes in late on, "And the meek shall inherit the earth."

That darn Drumnut rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif Just started reading these posts and thought if no one has posted this yet I will yes.gif and then .... 1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

troutman trink39.gif

Archived