GnR, Axl quits, riot, St. Louis, 1991

lerxt1990

F'n Axel Rose!

I always thought he was a dick.

Axl's an idiot. "i don't spend my time breakin the law". No he just beats women and starts shit at every show. When GNR play in Tacoma during the Use Your Illusion tour Axl stopped the show and started yelling at the audience and stormed off stage. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I still like Appitite and Lies but beyond that Axl's ruined everything GNR for me.

I loved GNR back in the day. I remember when a friend of mine who worked at the local record store gave me their album the day it came out. He said, "you gotta listen to this." I was hooked immediately. I saw them that year when they opened up at Giants Stadium for Deep Purple and Aerosmith. What an awesome show that was. But, they never were able to be the band they were after Appetite. Axl was a head case, and the band went down hill quickly.

Well, in the last couple of years, my nephew had started listening to my music, and became hooked on GNR. When they announced their latest tour, he asked me to take him to the concert. So, I got tickets, albeit reluctantly. I was leery because of all the problems Axl caused on the last few tours.

We got tickets to their MSG show in October. I absolutely loved it. They put on a great show. I know it wasn't the same thing as the original band. No Slash, no Izzy, no Duff. But, they sounded great, and were very good. My nephew loved it and I did too. They got onstage without delay, Axl was well behaved, and the crowd had a great time.

I'll be buying tickets next time they come around.