End of an Era

rushengal

Today was my last day at my job of 6 years. (it may not seem like much, but it was my first job at the age of 14)

I begun at Flindall's Dry Cleaners in August of 2001, trained about 8 people over those 6 years (there is a rapid turn-around staff wise).

I was primarily the weekend worker, I was there just about every Saturday that we were open (except when I went away, which was rare) as well as usually 2 days during the work week (one of which was almost always a Friday)

Customers know that when they come in and see certain members of the staff, that they will get amazing service, and I am proud to say that I was one of those members.

I have been recognized around the city as "that girl from the cleaners", with smiles and nods, all the way to actual long run conversations. For the longest time I had someone who would always go to Mac's Milk next door, grab a paper and a coffee, then stop in and see me and talk for like half an hour.

I am, however, moving on to bigger and better things.

I have spent the last 3 months working as a Cashier the Chapters here (no, not Coles or !ndigo). As well as returning to school on Wednesday.

So Long Flindalls.... It's been a good run.

http://www.flindallscleaners.com/flindalls/img/Header1.jpg

Hey, you had a good run, time to move on up!

Good luck in all your future endeavors RGal!!

trink39.gif

Your time spent at Flindall's will serve you well.

The amount of time spent there will pay dividends anywhere. I am involved in hiring and anytime I see a young person stay at a job longer than six months it's unusual. Your stint will impress hiring managers and open up doors. Good luck.

QUOTE (rushengal @ Aug 31 2007, 05:41 PM)
Today was my last day at my job of 6 years. (it may not seem like much, but it was my first job at the age of 14)

I begun at Flindall's Dry Cleaners in August of 2001, trained about 8 people over those 6 years (there is a rapid turn-around staff wise).

I was primarily the weekend worker, I was there just about every Saturday that we were open (except when I went away, which was rare) as well as usually 2 days during the work week (one of which was almost always a Friday)

Customers know that when they come in and see certain members of the staff, that they will get amazing service, and I am proud to say that I was one of those members.

I have been recognized around the city as "that girl from the cleaners", with smiles and nods, all the way to actual long run conversations. For the longest time I had someone who would always go to Mac's Milk next door, grab a paper and a coffee, then stop in and see me and talk for like half an hour.

I am, however, moving on to bigger and better things.
I have spent the last 3 months working as a Cashier the Chapters here (no, not Coles or !ndigo). As well as returning to school on Wednesday.

So Long Flindalls.... It's been a good run.

http://www.flindallscleaners.com/flindalls/img/Header1.jpg

You carried that company for about 1/10th of its existence.

Enjoy the new stepping stone and good luck to you, Amanda.

trink39.gif

All the best to you Rushengal and well done on your 6 years at Flindall's trink39.gif

Archived