New recording from The Digital Men

_pete_

spitball, why don't you check the R30 anthem archive videos on the DVD, and look for the SOR 1979 soundcheck. That ain't a black strat.

And that list also says he used the white strat on limelight (it's black in the Le Studio video) and black strat on Vital Signs (white in Le Studio video)...

I'll go with the sound check just after the album release before I believe a lip sync video...

p.s. Visited Le Studio while in Canada this summer, yeah not much to see up there...but still nice to see it..

p.s.s. You nailed it either way, pete....

Edited by jdouglas

About as close to the original as you can get. Someone mentioned the vocals weren't close enough. Geddy's vocals are the most unique part of their sound and noone will ever be able to copy it, IMO. In that light, it was a good job of a cover.

Fukking outstanding!!!

That's all I can say at this point.

QUOTE (condemned2bfree @ Dec 3 2007, 03:36 PM)
superb.

a few glitches timing.

Guitar tone really shines- fantastic throughout...... solo wow!

Nice one!

Wheres the crowd from? laugh.gif

Thanks!

The crowd is from Rush in Rio. biggrin.gif

Hey guys - Just saw this thread and wanted to say thanks for the nice comments. As one who like to consider himself a professional musician, it's difficult to be as pleased with the way this stuff turns out when you compare it to a typical recording done with ultimate equipment in a studio, so we strive to do our best when dealing with the unbelievable challenge of being in different parts of the country(ies) and for instance, using cheap drum mics and recording in my basement and not knowing much of anything about how to record drums properly. smile.gif

Pete's amazing tone and Andy's attention to detail are what make our recordings fun to work on ...in my opinion (besides the obvious thrill of playing along to all these great tunes!). And Ben being a solid kick-ass player doesn't hurt either smile.gif

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks. I think we'll be doing some more tunes in the near future and using some improved techniques and equipment for a better overall end-result.