willy mo pena

daveyt

Typical response....It's partially true but most true professional players are always ready to be called (Ortiz did that for the Sox years ago when he was first traded to them)....

Sometimes we can't see into the future enough to see what stats might no...Nah, I don't know what the hell they were thinking.....

According to what the Red Sox were thinking, he was supposed to be another Ortiz...Even Ortiz isn't another Ortiz! Ortiz's & Manny's bats are barely swinging. Then you got this 'Star' to be the next bat for the lineup & look where the Yankmees are from where they were. Willy, Manny, & Papi need to start hitting....AH Hell, the ENTIRE team needs to start swinging!

Also, for that fact, the bullpen shouldn't be blowing leads their starters are giving them...

One more thing, Willy Mo (sounds kinda like 'Dicky Moe') has cleared waivers & can be traded up until Aug 31st....I think he's just going to be put down in Pawtucket & they'll bring up someone else who'll probably do better!

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Aug 17 2007, 11:16 PM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Aug 17 2007, 09:07 PM)
And so he gets traded to the Nats for a player to be named later.  You guys must be relieved now.  laugh.gif

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/base...writethru.0395/

damn straight, I'll take the player to be named later over Willy Mo any day. Now if the Sox could get rid of Gagne.......

I think I figured most of this out....See, playing in Boston takes a special player who doesn't let the local media get to them. Because when you perform poorly, these guys will take you down like the Titanic.

Gagne may be the type of player who falters with that type of pressure. I don't think it's the fans...because while they may boo if you perform poorly, they still cheer everytime you perform well....But the media is so hyper-critical that most players avoid playing here. They love playing here just not playing on a team that hails from here....

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Aug 18 2007, 09:36 AM)
And so he gets traded to the Nats for a player to be named later.  You guys must be relieved now.  laugh.gif

damn straight, I'll take the player to be named later over Willy Mo any day. Now if the Sox could get rid of Gagne.......

I think I figured most of this out....See, playing in Boston takes a special player who doesn't let the local media get to them. Because when you perform poorly, these guys will take you down like the Titanic.

Gagne may be the type of player who falters with that type of pressure. I don't think it's the fans...because while they may boo if you perform poorly, they still cheer everytime you perform well....But the media is so hyper-critical that most players avoid playing here. They love playing here just not playing on a team that hails from here....

I think he might be happier in DC because he will be reunited with several players that he came up with through the Reds farm system.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Aug 18 2007, 10:55 AM)

I think he might be happier in DC because he will be reunited with several players that he came up with through the Reds farm system.

It might work out for him....I wasn't impressed with him when he was here, though....

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Aug 18 2007, 10:17 AM)

It might work out for him....I wasn't impressed with him when he was here, though....

Pena was never going to have a chance to play there everyday. As I said before, I never understood why they traded Arroyo for a power hitting outfielder that strikes out a lot, and was going to be platooned. Arroyo had some real potential, I thought. He's not showing it this year, though. As for Pena, this trade gives him a chance to get back his footing back.

Honestly, I'm not liking a lot of the trades and signings that the Red Sox have been making the past few years. 2004 seems like ages ago, now.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Aug 18 2007, 12:12 PM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Aug 18 2007, 10:17 AM)

Pena was never going to have a chance to play there everyday. As I said before, I never understood why they traded Arroyo for a power hitting outfielder that strikes out a lot, and was going to be platooned. Arroyo had some real potential, I thought. He's not showing it this year, though. As for Pena, this trade gives him a chance to get back his footing back.

Honestly, I'm not liking a lot of the trades and signings that the Red Sox have been making the past few years. 2004 seems like ages ago, now.

They seem desperate to get their groove back on. Some of the trades & signings were good but I agree...they missed something somewhere. We'll see how it pans out....

thank god here is gone. i couldn't believe it when they put him on waivers and then he came back...or whatever happened. f**k i thought he was gone the 1st time.

all we have to do now is get rid of kyle snider because HE SUCKS!!!!!

QUOTE (anagramking @ Aug 21 2007, 09:02 PM)
Wily Mo homered last night...

Figures

Pena so far with the Nationals:

11 GP; 35 AB; 9 H; 7 R; 4 HR; 7 RBI; 3 BB; 10 K; .257 BA; .349 OBP; .629 SLG; .944 OPS

The strikeout total is probably the most true to form part of this line.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/was/stat...=Batting&type=0

Archived