Isn't It Nice?

prog.fusion

i was just thinking......

Isn't it nice that Rush, a band that has been around for over 30 years, can still release a new album and, unlike other bands, not have it either flop or only appeal to the few certain fans that cling to the band with the memories of the olden days and "rocking out!" lingering in their heads, but still divide their fans down the middle with lovers and haters?

it's not more of the same old, and it's not them trying to be Santana and hire new, hot young singers to push their tired pop-rock songs to the top of the charts just to justify a need for going on tour?

whether or not you like Snakes and Arrows, you have to smile at the fact that Rush still releases material that makes such an impact on its fanbase.

i just thought that was nice...

Absolutely! They are not exactly a predictable band, and that says something.

It is also the curse (and blessing) of every great band that is capable of composing a wide range of moods...you end up with fans of one aspect and different fans of another...At that point, it's impossible to please everybody.

Rush has such an incredible volume of diverse music, simply because they push themselves to be better and love to experiment and go in different directions. A TRUE ARTIST CHALLENGES THE STATUS QUO! When all is said and done, what a lifetime worth of colorful various treasures we will have to savor, if we haven't already!

QUOTE (prog.fusion @ May 15 2007, 10:10 PM)
whether or not you like Snakes and Arrows, you have to smile at the fact that Rush still releases material that makes such an impact on its fanbase.

goodpost.gif

I am actually loving all the hoopla over the lyrics, because it means Rush is still RELEVANT in 2007! How cool is that? common001.gif

Rush is causing people to stop and think about some pretty heavy issues. applaudit.gif

I think Snakes & Arrows may have some of Rush's most relevant and thought-provoking lyrics EVER. yes.gif

Archived