Reverse Survivor

Finbar

Vote off your MOST favourite!  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Vote off your MOST favourite!

• Need Some Love
    • Take a Friend
    • Before and After

Here Again was voted off. Remember to vote for your most favourite in Reverse Survivor. I vote for Before and After again.

QUOTE (Kudzu @ Apr 22 2007, 12:46 PM)
"Before & After" again.

How you enjoying THRAK, friend? Enjoy it if you do, you won't find another King Crimson album quite like it. It's the densest, but also among the poppiest and most Beatles-derivative. The only album with that particular combination of six players, but of course, they're all featured in other lineups.

QUOTE (Finbar @ Apr 22 2007, 01:59 PM)
"Before & After" again.

How you enjoying THRAK, friend? Enjoy it if you do, you won't find another King Crimson album quite like it. It's the densest, but also among the poppiest and most Beatles-derivative. The only album with that particular combination of six players, but of course, they're all featured in other lineups.

Overall, I like it. The only track that I really dislike on it is "Sex Sleep Eat Drink Dream"; "Walking on Air", "People", and "One Time" are all wonderful, and even though the "VROOOOM" instrumentals tend to run a bit repetitive, they definitely show off some chops. "B'Boom" is pretty cool, too.

As a longtime Alan Parsons Project fan, it actually sounded in places a bit like a heavier version of that particular group. Which is good, because my primary criticism of some of the APP catalogue is that it tends to be a bit too mellow and subdued in places. The three songs I mentioned as "wonderful" in particular reminded me of the Project, as did the very nice, too-short "Inner Garden" pieces and the ambient "Radio I" and "Radio II" couplet.

I've got a fairly lengthy to-get list when it comes to albums, but I think I'll add Discipline to it. That's your fav, right?

QUOTE (Kudzu @ Apr 22 2007, 04:06 PM)
QUOTE (Finbar @ Apr 22 2007, 01:59 PM)
"Before & After" again.

Overall, I like it. The only track that I really dislike on it is "Sex Sleep Eat Drink Dream"; "Walking on Air", "People", and "One Time" are all wonderful, and even though the "VROOOOM" instrumentals tend to run a bit repetitive, they definitely show off some chops. "B'Boom" is pretty cool, too.

As a longtime Alan Parsons Project fan, it actually sounded in places a bit like a heavier version of that particular group. Which is good, because my primary criticism of some of the APP catalogue is that it tends to be a bit too mellow and subdued in places. The three songs I mentioned as "wonderful" in particular reminded me of the Project, as did the very nice, too-short "Inner Garden" pieces and the ambient "Radio I" and "Radio II" couplet.

I've got a fairly lengthy to-get list when it comes to albums, but I think I'll add Discipline to it. That's your fav, right?

I wouldn't call Discipline my favourite.... but I wouldn't know what King Crimson album to call my favourite. It's certainly an essential album whether you're a Crimhead or not, so I definitely suggest going there next. But if you liked the heavy rockin' aspect of THRAK, it's really nowhere to be found on Discipline; or on many other King Crimson albums for that matter. I suggest Discipline next, as you planned, and also Larks' Tongues in Aspic for some of the best light and shade ballad-rocker juxtapositions you're likely to hear!

You're in for a treat, my friend! smile.gif

Edited by Finbar

VOTING ENDS!

http://www.ukgameshows.com/atoz/programmes/b/banzai/banzai_2.jpg