Leaked Album Analysis

jgflorida

Hi to all quality-minded music fans and musicians out there. It's my first post.

I'm resisting the urge to download (at the mercy of God allowing me to physically get it on May 1st).

I'm curious to read anything relating to the new songs by others as it piques my interest even more.

How about it?

Yeah their very tough around here about talking about the album. You can head over to the rush chronicles site where their mods dont seem to care since we arent actually posting links to mp3s. There are even links in the threads to places where you can go to download them, but not to actual mp3's which is perfectly legal.

There's a good discussion going on there about all the songs.

Edited by trenken

hi all! First post here, I have chosen to wait til May 1 to hear the album, but wish to hear reviews from people who have heard it. And from what I am reading the admins are putting a tight lid over it. Is it forbidden to comment on S&A in this board? 2.gif

QUOTE (hawker @ Apr 20 2007, 03:30 PM)
hi all! First post here, I have chosen to wait til May 1 to hear the album, but wish to hear reviews from people who have heard it. And from what I am reading the admins are putting a tight lid over it. Is it forbidden to comment on S&A in this board? 2.gif

It's been made quite clear to me that we are not welcome to discuss the leaked songs here. I don't really agree with that, but we should respect the rules. There should be lots to talk about on May 1st.

QUOTE (ShaneConductor @ Apr 20 2007, 03:35 PM)
It's a very melodic album. Lots of acoustic guitar as expected... but it's quite beautiful. Need to listen to it more though!

Yup. Even MORE than expected to me. tongue.gif Very subtle record. Definitely a grower.

I'll just say this....IF you like MFH, you'll be pleased. I'm sure some will disagree, but that's what I kept thinking throughout. (I'm one of those people, BTW....who like that Ged solo album).

S&A sounds like no other RUSH record. Period. It's easily the most lush.

Yeah, I think this album needs like, a 3rd or 4th listen to actually get into the new feel. Main Monkey Business, I think, is the best song on the album, and it's up there with YYZ, Limbo, and the other awesome instrumentals. I'd say this is a mash-up of TFE + all of their older stuff, in terms of feel. The keyboards bring back alot to the band. It feels more Rush than VT, without completely trying to be MP or the other old CDs. Definitely a step in the right direction for the new Rush.

I was all like what the heck, and then I saw the dates. Kind of cool to see an old post like that.