2007 - 08/11 - Dallas, TX - Smirnoff Music Centre

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Aug 1 2007, 07:48 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 31 2007, 09:06 PM)

Damn! That's right by me.  ohmy.gif Let me consult the hubby, and maybe we can fire up the smoker for ribs n' brisket before hand. It's going to be MY birthday, so I can demand it!  1287.gif

NO WAY!!! The Dallas show is on your birthday?!?!?! Too cool. The Toronto show is on my birthday, but me making it is about as likely as my getting a personal invitation from the boys. Since I'm coming from Kaufman Co., looks like I'll be tailgating it as usual. Dang! First I miss the homemade pasta, now the brisket! rage.gif Oh well, it's all about 2.gif anyway.

BTW, it was nice meeting you in VEGAS BABY!!!!! Oh, and if brisket's what you want, never, never, never give up! 1287.gif

No kidding. To relay the story.. I was in the "smoking room" with Julie and I mentioned who was who and who was here... and I mentioned Weakly Criminal. She said, "Oh, he's in the next room." Excuse me? I literally flew into the next room, yelled, "OK, where is Weakly Criminal?" and a hand came up. "I'm Weakly Criminal." And, there he was, go figure, WC. Blah, blah blah and we all ended up going to gamble. Someone kicked a baby. Weakly lived up to his name and we all made it home OK. Yeah.

^

Kick the baby?!?!?! Are you sure you're not having a bad South Park flash back? biggrin.gif I must confess to not remembering all that transpired after leaving the party..... confused13.gif I trust I'm not facing child abuse charges in Nevada? scared.gif

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Aug 3 2007, 07:54 PM)
^
Kick the baby?!?!?! Are you sure you're not having a bad South Park flash back? biggrin.gif I must confess to not remembering all that transpired after leaving the party..... confused13.gif I trust I'm not facing child abuse charges in Nevada? scared.gif

laugh.gif

When we passed the Rush poster in the MGM, we did the "kick the baby!" thing. Look in the Vegas pictures thread. There's a picture of Ken doing it.

I stopped by Rob's Billiards in Euless to check out a different band I know of last night. Nice size place--holds a lot of people so plenty of room to move around and party, etc. etc.

Only complaint is stage area is too small, but it'll do.

Venue is about a half hour to 40 minute drive from pre-party, all highway until you get to downtown Dallas heading into Fair Park.

Here's to a great show...hope to meet some of you there.

QUOTE (Milton Banana @ Aug 5 2007, 02:03 PM)
I stopped by Rob's Billiards in Euless to check out a different band I know of last night. Nice size place--holds a lot of people so plenty of room to move around and party, etc. etc.

Only complaint is stage area is too small, but it'll do.

Venue is about a half hour to 40 minute drive from pre-party, all highway until you get to downtown Dallas heading into Fair Park.

Here's to a great show...hope to meet some of you there.

Yeah, it's a cool place. And, Rob is a Rush fan and always willing to accommodate us. Anthem is an excellent tribute band, too. It's going to be a great day! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Hemisteve @ Aug 7 2007, 02:02 PM)
I will be going to the pre-show party at Rob's and dragging Rushgirl with me while she is here for the show. trink39.gif

Yay! 653.gif

I haven't see you since January, and now you're all over the place. laugh.gif I'll buy you a Buffalo Butt at Rob's. trink39.gif (It was a Buffalo Butt, wasn't it? biggrin.gif )

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 7 2007, 02:20 PM)
QUOTE (Hemisteve @ Aug 7 2007, 02:02 PM)
I will be going to the pre-show party at Rob's and dragging Rushgirl with me while she is here for the show.  trink39.gif

Yay! 653.gif

I haven't see you since January, and now you're all over the place. laugh.gif I'll buy you a Buffalo Butt at Rob's. trink39.gif (It was a Buffalo Butt, wasn't it? biggrin.gif )

I guess I live close enough to drive to this one so a Buffalo Ass it will be! biggrin.gif trink38.gif See you there

QUOTE (2112inTulsa @ Aug 9 2007, 03:23 PM)
For those of you who live in the area and are in the know, what is the best entrance to get in? Also, what time will they open the gates? I will be there in 204/KK. Any info would help. I am so ready for this road trip from T-town.

1022.gif

Me and my friend are coming down from T-town, too. We won't be leaving until around 2 though. :\

My flight leaves at 4:15 CDT... will be in the Big D at 6:00pm!

Anything going on tonight??? If not, we will see you at the Pre-Show get-together at Rob's Saturday! trink39.gif

QUOTE (rushbass @ Jul 31 2007, 08:58 PM)
QUOTE (Hemisteve @ Jul 31 2007, 11:21 AM)
Looks like the party info is now listed on the http://www.rushrocks.com site at Rob Billiards in Euless, Tx

Are there going to be any other gatherings... preferably one closer to the show??? How bad is traffic going to be from Euless to Smirnoff?? TIA!

trink39.gif

Traffic shouldn't be an issue on a Saturday, but tune your radio to 1080 AM to get traffic reports every 10 minutes just in case there's a wreck or construction going on. It's only about 15-20 minutes from Rob's to the Smirnoff if all goes well.

QUOTE (2112inTulsa @ Aug 9 2007, 03:23 PM)
For those of you who live in the area and are in the know, what is the best entrance to get in? Also, what time will they open the gates? I will be there in 204/KK. Any info would help. I am so ready for this road trip from T-town.

1022.gif

IMO, the best way in and out is to use the west parking lot. If you're coming from Tulsa (beautiful town BTW) you can take 75 all the way past downtown where it turns into 45. Just past DWNTWN, take the MLK/175 exit and then left on MLK. MLK Blvd dead ends into the gates of Fair Park. Those gates will be open and unattended. Drive through those gates and take an immediate right. Follow that street south until you see the west parking lot on your front left. There should be an open gate there before about 5:30 or so, and you'll see us tailgaters waiting on the sound check. See ya there!

Archived