A tidbit on 'Batman Begins 2'

Jack Aubrey

A scooper by the name of Onemantidalwave sent this in to Ain't It Cool News:

Highlight to read.

[it was reported to me that] Both Christian Bale and Christopher Nolan have seen a new Batsuit & there's been a fitting.

I told this person how I didn't particularly dig the suit in Batman Begins and said it was too bulky. To this he/she replied, "Well then you'll love the new one." He/she also stated that Bats changes his suit halfway through the film - and its a major plotpoint as to how and why this happens.

Wouldn't it be amazing if it was the Az-bats suit from the Knightsquest/Knightsend story arc? I know it's a little bit of a plot deviation, but... It'd be pretty amazing. Jean-Paul Valley was defintely my favorite Batman.

http://www.geocities.com/azrael_talks/azbats1.jpg

Flamethrower, shuriken-machine gun, razor sharp claws, bulletproof metal all the way around... yup; definetly the coolest Batman.

Oh wait, it's not bulky?

Nevermind then.

QUOTE (Atomic.Feedback! @ Mar 14 2007, 11:53 AM)
Wouldn't it be amazing if it was the Az-bats suit from the Knightsquest/Knightsend story arc? I know it's a little bit of a plot deviation, but... It'd be pretty amazing. Jean-Paul Valley was defintely my favorite Batman.

Flamethrower, shuriken-machine gun, razor sharp claws, bulletproof metal all the way around... yup; definetly the coolest Batman.

Oh wait, it's not bulky?

Nevermind then.

I haven't read that so I can't comment on it. Although that seems more along the lines of IRON MAN with all those weapons. To me Batman has always been more of a ninja than a caped munitions factory.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Mar 14 2007, 11:43 AM)
QUOTE (Atomic.Feedback! @ Mar 14 2007, 11:53 AM)
Wouldn't it be amazing if it was the Az-bats suit from the Knightsquest/Knightsend story arc?  I know it's a little bit of a plot deviation, but...  It'd be pretty amazing.  Jean-Paul Valley was defintely my favorite Batman.

Oh wait, it's not bulky?

Nevermind then.

I haven't read that so I can't comment on it. Although that seems more along the lines of IRON MAN with all those weapons. To me Batman has always been more of a ninja than a caped munitions factory.

JB raises a good point. Besides, isn't the batsuit supposed to be subdued so Batman can blend into the shadows more easily? It strikes me that all that shiny chrome would destroy the batsuit's stealthiness.

Exactly. While Bruce Wayne was a stealthy, spooky-fear type vigilante, Jean-Paul Valley was a holy, righteous, I-will-eat-your-children-fear type of enforcer. Besides... I like Iron Man (more specifically, War Machine...)

But in the end, yes, it was the bulk of the suit that did him in... Still, he beat Bane, Mr. Freeze, Joker and Clayface. I read someplace that he would (supposedly) have stayed Batman if he hadn't let a two-bit serial killer (Abbatior) die (that, and fans didn't like him).

waffen093.gif

I just think that the Azbats suit would be pretty sweet to see on the big screen.

Edited by Atomic.Feedback!

Batman is the epitome of stealth, subterfuge, and fear incarnate.

Azrael was the biggest contridiction to this that was ever published in three colour art.

Still, he beat Bane, Mr. Freeze, Joker and Clayface.

So? What's the big deal. Bats did this already.

Therefore, that fear had its effect upon the inevitable conclusion.

cool.gif

Oh... I'm really psyched about the upcoming movie.

QUOTE (Atomic.Feedback! @ Mar 14 2007, 09:45 PM)
Exactly. While Bruce Wayne was a stealthy, spooky-fear type vigilante, Jean-Paul Valley was a holy, righteous, I-will-eat-your-children-fear type of enforcer. Besides... I like Iron Man (more specifically, War Machine...)

But in the end, yes, it was the bulk of the suit that did him in... Still, he beat Bane, Mr. Freeze, Joker and Clayface. I read someplace that he would (supposedly) have stayed Batman if he hadn't let a two-bit serial killer (Abbatior) die (that, and fans didn't like him).

waffen093.gif

I just think that the Azbats suit would be pretty sweet to see on the big screen.

Um... do i really need to say this? Valley didn't stay Batman because they NEVER planned on him staying Batman. It was just an arc. It wouldn't have mattered if ALL of the Batman fans in the world wanted Valley to stay Bats... it wasn't what they had planned. The point of Valley beating Bane was to show that even with all the gizmos and beefed up costume that Valley had... BRUCE is and ALWAYS WILL BE... the ONLY BATMAN!!! You must be the only person I've ever known of to prefer AZ-BATS or that RIDICULOUS costume.

Tell me... you HAD to have been put up to making this ridiculous post, right? JB told you to say something this stupid just to rile me up, right?

JB??? Come on... admit your nefarious plan to have this wingnut piss me off with this INANE post. JB???? Yooohooo... stop hiding behind your Jack Nicholson DVD's and admit it.

z7shysterical.gif

Oh... on topic. laugh.gif

Maybe they plan on introducing the yellow circle around the Bat insignia. There actually WAS an explanation for it. The circle was armor, and it made the criminals aim at it when they were shooting in the dark. So since that area was protected, it intimidated the criminals much more when Bats didn't go down.

Basically, it was lame. But at least they had the guts to explain it. I hope they are not going to do the multiple suits to sell dolls thing that the previous Batman franchise did. 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 15 2007, 12:19 PM)
Exactly.  While Bruce Wayne was a stealthy, spooky-fear type vigilante, Jean-Paul Valley was a holy, righteous, I-will-eat-your-children-fear type of enforcer.  Besides... I like Iron Man (more specifically, War Machine...)

But in the end, yes, it was the bulk of the suit that did him in...  Still, he beat Bane, Mr. Freeze, Joker and Clayface.  I read someplace that he would (supposedly) have stayed Batman if he hadn't let a two-bit serial killer (Abbatior) die (that, and fans didn't like him).

waffen093.gif

Um... do i really need to say this? Valley didn't stay Batman because they NEVER planned on him staying Batman. It was just an arc. It wouldn't have mattered if ALL of the Batman fans in the world wanted Valley to stay Bats... it wasn't what they had planned. The point of Valley beating Bane was to show that even with all the gizmos and beefed up costume that Valley had... BRUCE is and ALWAYS WILL BE... the ONLY BATMAN!!! You must be the only person I've ever known of to prefer AZ-BATS or that RIDICULOUS costume.

Tell me... you HAD to have been put up to making this ridiculous post, right? JB told you to say something this stupid just to rile me up, right?

JB??? Come on... admit your nefarious plan to have this wingnut piss me off with this INANE post. JB???? Yooohooo... stop hiding behind your Jack Nicholson DVD's and admit it.

z7shysterical.gif

If I really wanted to push your buttons I would've told him to say that NO ONE can play the JOKER better than Jack Nicholson.

But any nefarious plans of driving you completely insane would involve a 3-prong attack with absurd comments against BATMAN, the Michigan Wolverines, and the Chargers.

I think the guy who played the Joker in the fanfilm 'Batman: Dead End' was pretty good. Terrific character voice, too.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Mar 15 2007, 05:32 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 15 2007, 12:19 PM)
Exactly.  While Bruce Wayne was a stealthy, spooky-fear type vigilante, Jean-Paul Valley was a holy, righteous, I-will-eat-your-children-fear type of enforcer.  Besides... I like Iron Man (more specifically, War Machine...)

But in the end, yes, it was the bulk of the suit that did him in...  Still, he beat Bane, Mr. Freeze, Joker and Clayface.  I read someplace that he would (supposedly) have stayed Batman if he hadn't let a two-bit serial killer (Abbatior) die (that, and fans didn't like him).

waffen093.gif

z7shysterical.gif

If I really wanted to push your buttons I would've told him to say that NO ONE can play the JOKER better than Jack Nicholson.

But any nefarious plans of driving you completely insane would involve a 3-prong attack with absurd comments against BATMAN, the Michigan Wolverines, and the Chargers.

ohmy.gif

scared.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 15 2007, 06:28 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 15 2007, 09:28 AM)
I think the guy who played the Joker in the fanfilm 'Batman: Dead End' was pretty good. Terrific character voice, too.

I just get a blank screen after it says it downloaded. confused13.gif

I never heard of this and really want to see it now. Do you have a better link maybe?

Here you go: YouTube link.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 15 2007, 08:03 PM)

I never heard of this and really want to see it now. Do you have a better link maybe?

Thanks. yes.gif That was very well done. yes.gif

I liked Joker. He was quite good. I don't like the cliffhanger though. There's only four Predators. You have to wonder how badly Bats will F them up. yes.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 14 2007, 09:19 PM)

waffen093.gif

z7shysterical.gif

...Actually, I really did like the Az-Batman. And Azrael. I thought that whole story arc was pretty amazing. It was very, very satisfying to see Batman powerless. To quote... "Given enough prep time, Batman could beat God" or something like that.

...maybe I was wrong about him being a replacement. I guess that's a lesson to you kids out there... "Don't believe everything you read, and never repeat information you read, or you could die." I stand rebuked.

...I don't actually have anything more to contribute to the topic here. Proceed.

Edited by Atomic.Feedback!

QUOTE (Atomic.Feedback! @ Mar 15 2007, 09:39 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 14 2007, 09:19 PM)

waffen093.gif

z7shysterical.gif

...Actually, I really did like the Az-Batman. And Azrael. I thought that whole story arc was pretty amazing. It was very, very satisfying to see Batman powerless. To quote... "Given enough prep time, Batman could beat God" or something like that.

...maybe I was wrong about him being a replacement. I guess that's a lesson to you kids out there... "Don't believe everything you read, and never repeat information you read, or you could die." I stand rebuked.

...I don't actually have anything more to contribute to the topic here. Proceed.

I was just busting ass. JB and I have a running gag about how I bit his head off for LIKING Jack Nicholson's portrayal of the Joker. I tend to take my Batman far too seriously. laugh.gif The "anger" in that post was just a joke for JB. Sorry.

The entire KnightFall and subsequent Knight's storylines were quite good. It was a bit drawn out, but nonetheless, a very good piece of work. I was really only dissapointed with Kelly Jones' HORRENDOUS artwork. I really hate that guy. 062802puke_prv.gif I was an actual fan of Jean Paul's. But as Azrael, not as AzBats. I was saddened when they killed him off and cancelled his book. yes.gif He grew on me.

Edited by Necromancer

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 15 2007, 09:40 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 15 2007, 08:03 PM)

Thanks. yes.gif That was very well done. yes.gif

I liked Joker. He was quite good. I don't like the cliffhanger though. There's only four Predators. You have to wonder how badly Bats will F them up. yes.gif

You should also check out 'World's Finest'. It's from the same guy that did 'Dead End'. I don't think it's as good, but it's kinda neat. You might also want to check out 'Grayson'.