12 beers and 2 shots of liquor in 1 1/2 hours

Had a new client today, charged with DUI, who fessed up to me that on the evening in question he had put down 12 regular sized beers and "2 or 3" shots of liquor in "one to one and a half" hours.

Now THAT is some fast drinking.

Btw: he only blew a .10 on the breathalyzer. My guess is that is because he had drank so fast that all that alcohol was still not fully absorbed into his system at the time he blew.

Edited by Drunk Pirate Robert

Either that or he 'blew' (as in chunks), before he hit the road. I'm always sceptical about such stories. There are some real beer drinkers and hell raisers in Tejas, and I could really put it down in my day, and knew some guys who put me to shame. A 12er plus shots in an hour and a half? WHEW!!! That would be tough even with totally flat beer and a beer bong. Was he like 400 lbs.? I mean that's alcohol poisoning territory.

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Apr 4 2007, 07:03 PM)
Either that or he 'blew' (as in chunks), before he hit the road. I'm always sceptical about such stories. There are some real beer drinkers and hell raisers in Tejas, and I could really put it down in my day, and knew some guys who put me to shame. A 12er plus shots in an hour and a half? WHEW!!! That would be tough even with totally flat beer and a beer bong. Was he like 400 lbs.? I mean that's alcohol poisoning territory.

That's not really all that much. Just the other night we went to see my buddy's band. They had a happy hour for TWO hours, where everything at the bar was a buck. I ordered a round of rum and cokes for me and CeeJ. They sucked. She used MANGO rum instead of coconut. So Ceej didn't drink hers, so I slammed the both of them. Then got a real round of Malibus and coke. Before the two hours were up, I had eight bottles of Yuengling and seven malibus and coke. I also had a double JaegerBomb. After the two hours was up, I had a few more beers and one more Malibu.

I didn't get alcohol poisoning, but i had a pretty bad headache and missed work the next day. I never puked either. But I'm quite a big guy, so that may have had something to do with it. I barely drink these days, but I can still plow them when i feel like it.

Back in the day (early 80's) my college fraternity had a "200" club. To gain admission, one had to drink one ounce of beer a minute for 200 minutes. If you do the math, thats 16.7 beers in 3.3 hours. Only the really big guys succeeded (I was smart enough to not even try). Most guys passed out or were vomiting too much to continue.

p.s. I'm glad to hear that my alma mater has placed some very strict rules regarding underage drinking in the last few years. The frat almost went under with some serious drinking/partying infractions that were levelled down by the university. The result was having the graduate association step in and clean house, instituting very strict rules and regulations.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Apr 4 2007, 11:33 PM)
Either that or he 'blew' (as in chunks), before he hit the road.  I'm always sceptical about such stories. There are some real beer drinkers and hell raisers in Tejas, and I could really put it down in my day, and knew some guys who put me to shame.  A 12er plus shots in an hour and a half?  WHEW!!!  That would be tough even with totally flat beer and a beer bong.  Was he like 400 lbs.?  I mean that's alcohol poisoning territory.

That's not really all that much. Just the other night we went to see my buddy's band. They had a happy hour for TWO hours, where everything at the bar was a buck. I ordered a round of rum and cokes for me and CeeJ. They sucked. She used MANGO rum instead of coconut. So Ceej didn't drink hers, so I slammed the both of them. Then got a real round of Malibus and coke. Before the two hours were up, I had eight bottles of Yuengling and seven malibus and coke. I also had a double JaegerBomb. After the two hours was up, I had a few more beers and one more Malibu.

I didn't get alcohol poisoning, but i had a pretty bad headache and missed work the next day. I never puked either. But I'm quite a big guy, so that may have had something to do with it. I barely drink these days, but I can still plow them when i feel like it.

You light weight!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (SlackABob @ Apr 9 2007, 09:22 PM)
Either that or he 'blew' (as in chunks), before he hit the road.  I'm always sceptical about such stories. There are some real beer drinkers and hell raisers in Tejas, and I could really put it down in my day, and knew some guys who put me to shame.  A 12er plus shots in an hour and a half?  WHEW!!!  That would be tough even with totally flat beer and a beer bong.  Was he like 400 lbs.?  I mean that's alcohol poisoning territory.

You light weight!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Y'know... i hadn't even drank at all in YEARS until I met... YOU!!! z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Apr 10 2007, 12:13 AM)

You light weight!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Y'know... i hadn't even drank at all in YEARS until I met... YOU!!! z7shysterical.gif

Should i feel bad?

Or should i get you a beer?

trink38.gif

QUOTE (SlackABob @ Apr 10 2007, 06:49 PM)

You light weight!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Should i feel bad?

trink38.gif

Don't feel bad get him a beer trink39.gif

QUOTE (owlswing @ Apr 10 2007, 07:11 PM)
QUOTE (SlackABob @ Apr 10 2007, 06:49 PM)

You light weight!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Should i feel bad?

trink38.gif

Don't feel bad get him a beer trink39.gif

yes.gif

laugh.gif

I just can't do the binge anymore......three g & t's and I'm done.....most beer I can drink is maybe a couple o'pints. Cripes when I was 18 I could easily put away a dozen beer in a night, even though I'd be pukin' my guts out for two days. It's better to be a cheap drunk I've learned.