Does anybody remember this?

Noisy Bastard

With all the rumors floating about regarding S&A, it reminded me of when The National Midnight Star was THE place for Rush conversation (before TRF smile.gif ). And waaaay back, there was a rumor that Neil had cancer. And of course it was a rumor -- albeit widespread -- and was (thankfully) false.

Some of the members of TNMS decided to start their own rumor, to be funny, that Geddy had a wooden leg. spit6ph.gif (Not that having a wooden leg is funny, but... oh, you know...!) I think everyone involved thought it would be kind of fun to see if it got out to the public and see how far it would go.

The way that that would come up in some threads on there was hilarious! I don't remember any of the particular postings or situations anymore, but I do remember it sure was humorous! Anybody from TNMS remember that?

(I know it's not true, 'cause if it was, Geddy couldn't do this little dance) GeddyFinal.gif

I remember the cancer rumor when Neil was still wearing the bandannas on his head - before he discovered his cute little hats. biggrin.gif

I absolutely remember that .

Scared me half to death too ,

That he had some kind of cancer and it was in remission .

And I prayed and prayed to my God that it would just go away .

And I too, was thankful Neil's cancer rumor was just a rumor. But I was asking this more to do with TNMS's fabricated "Geddy's wooden leg" postings. Sorry.

Anybody remember the wooden leg threads on TNMS?

I remember someone on TMNS posted a link to a funny-as-hell parody Rush quiz. If memory serves, one of the questions was: 'How long has Geddy had cancer?' The correct answer was 'Trick question-Neil has it!'

Lmao, That one I have never heard of , the wooden leg ??

That's a funny rumor .

Does it come complete with a kickstand and everything ?

rofl3.gif

Archived