Guy ditches girlfriend in labour for WoW

Slime

my friend is like that guy. he plays wow almost all day. there is a guy at school who plays it all day too, when they are talking to each other they are only talking about wow. it's pathetic. i'll say the game almost controls their lifes.

There's a guy at work that lost his wife over gaming. He's a foreman at my plant. He has games set up on his computer and it's all he does on break and at lunch. He sneaks over to play during work hours as well. He tells stories of how he would send his family on vacations and lock himself in his VID GAME ROOM for the whole week and just PLAY.

How ridiculous is this? And he's not the only one I know.

Vid games are the worst rung on the ladder of NERDDOM. yes.gif

At least he realised he has a problem and decided to deal with it. yes.gif

but

penny to a pound he copied his CDs and has them stashed away at home rofl3.gif

Back when everquest was really big there was a help group formed for EQ widows. And there were thousands of members. I was an EQ freak and you can definately get consumed by role playing games like this. You become your characters. Thats why I gave up gaming almost completely when I got married.

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Feb 4 2007, 11:56 AM)
Back when everquest was really big there was a help group formed for EQ widows. And there were thousands of members. I was an EQ freak and you can definately get consumed by role playing games like this. You become your characters. Thats why I gave up gaming almost completely when I got married.

yeah, it's nice to come home and spend time with you wink.gif not like when we were dating and i fell asleep waiting for you to finish your quest laugh.gif

QUOTE (The Rocinante @ Jan 31 2007, 12:35 AM)
pretty pathetic

Yeah, I agree. It is very pathetic to let a game take over your life like that. I know a couple of people at my school who play that game, that's all they talk about. It controls their damn lives.

Makes me think of the Southpark episode where the boys are playing it for like weeks, and they are all fattened up and nasty, covered in zits, etc.

Probably is some truth to it I would imagine, if a guy will ditch his girl in labor wacko.gif

QUOTE (Rush! @ Feb 4 2007, 07:56 PM)
QUOTE (The Rocinante @ Jan 31 2007, 12:35 AM)
pretty pathetic

Yeah, I agree. It is very pathetic to let a game take over your life like that. I know a couple of people at my school who play that game, that's all they talk about. It controls their damn lives.

it's like that here too. very pathetic

The big fear is that, in a few years, there will be a very large group of people who simply CANNOT interact with society because all they've had practice with is pixels and polygons.

Oh well. Their loss.

The big fear is that, in a few years, there will be a very large group of people who simply CANNOT interact with society because all they've had practice with is pixels and polygons.

Oh well. Their loss.

Quick! Get all the socializing done now! Go bar-hopping! Go clubbing! Start a fight! trink39.gif bumper.gif

The day humanity loses its ability to interact is the day we no longer deserve to be a species. And no, IMing doesn't count. comp26.gif

Archived