Spaced

TheMeek

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 4 2007, 10:46 PM)
I've never seen it. I checked up on it and the "Shaun of the Dead" guy is in it! I love that movie!

It's on BBC America. Season 2 starts on January 12th. I'll check it out.

Actually a lot of the cast is the same.

Shaun Dead..................(Spaced)

Shaun...........................(Tim- Main Character)

Yvonne.........................(Daisy - Co-star, Tim's flatmate)

Ed.................................(Mike - Tim's best friend)

Pete..............................(Duane - Guy who stole Tim's g/f)

It was also directed by the same guy and was written by Simon Pegg (Shaun) and Jessica Stevenson (Yvonne)

I LOVE Spaced... So glad it's on BBC America, those guys need to see that! wink.gif

I've been a huge fan for years. Love Shaun too and can't wait for Hot Fuzz.

Wish they'd make a 3rd Season of Spaced though. sad.gif

I just finished watching Spaced for the first time. Funny stuff. I really enjoyed it. The guy lost his job at the comic book store after insulting a kid for wanting a Jar Jar Binks toy or something. Good stuff. I'm going to watch another episode sometime this week and I'll have a better handle on the characters and premise. All in all, a very good show. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 29 2007, 06:05 AM)
I just finished watching Spaced for the first time. Funny stuff. I really enjoyed it. The guy lost his job at the comic book store after insulting a kid for wanting a Jar Jar Binks toy or something. Good stuff. I'm going to watch another episode sometime this week and I'll have a better handle on the characters and premise. All in all, a very good show. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

So many golden moments in that Episode:

"What a prick...."

Tim's answerphone message to Bilbo, I love. Simon Pegg can do girlie-crying like no-one else.

Glad you liked it.

I love Spaced, being a Brit I watched it on Channel 4, it used to be my Friday night highlight , but the buggers don't seem to want to repeat it. Must get the DVDs.

Presuming most of you are Americans, it surprises me that you enjoy British comedy that wasn't that well known in Britain.

QUOTE (Nickslikk2112 @ Feb 5 2007, 04:55 PM)
I love Spaced, being a Brit I watched it on Channel 4, it used to be my Friday night highlight , but the buggers don't seem to want to repeat it. Must get the DVDs.

Presuming most of you are Americans, it surprises me that you enjoy British comedy that wasn't that well known in Britain.

The three disc Spaced special edition is the way to go. It has a very short unofficial sequel during the documentary.

QUOTE (Nickslikk2112 @ Feb 5 2007, 04:55 PM)

I have resigned myself to the fact that American TV sucks except for a few good SciFis. However, I recently watched all of the new Doctor Who, The first season of Torchwood, the first few episodes of Red Dwarf, and all three seasons of Black Books, and of course both seasons of Spaced, and have come to the conclusion that British TV rocks.

Torchwood? Sorry, but think it sucks in a big way. It had a promising premise, and was billed as an adult show. But, swearing and a little suggestive sex doesn't an adult drama make. BSG shows how to make an adult drama.

Black Books is another awesome comedy. Dylan Moran and Bill Bailey play well off of each other. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (DeanWinchester @ Feb 7 2007, 08:10 AM)
Torchwood? Sorry, but think it sucks in a big way. It had a promising premise, and was billed as an adult show. But, swearing and a little suggestive sex doesn't an adult drama make. BSG shows how to make an adult drama.

Black Books is another awesome comedy. Dylan Moran and Bill Bailey play well off of each other. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Did you really get into Torchwood though? It took me a while. Once you get past the fact that everyone in Cardiff (I think that's where it takes place) seems to be bi-sexual, it's actually a great show. A bit darker and more sex-filled, but good action, plot, character development, drama, etc. And I love that they brought Jack back in the show. His whole dark past thing is good to have thrown in the mix. And at the end of the last episode you hear the Tardis! I can't wait for season two. Oh, and I'm almost positive that the hand in the jar is the Doctor's hand that got cut off in Christmas Invasion.