rushgoober

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oooo, uh, I guess I had better tune in then yes.gif

Thank God basketball seasons over! common001.gif

Edited by progrush2112

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 5 2008, 10:25 PM)
Probably too late for a request but could you please squeeze in "Tomorrow Never Knows" by the Beatles? If not, no worries

Thanks!

I can do it for next week - tonight's show is completely planned and it totally rocks, so I don't wanna mess with it.

See you tonight!

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 6 2008, 09:48 AM)
Probably too late for a request but could you please squeeze in "Tomorrow Never Knows" by the Beatles?  If not, no worries

Thanks!

I can do it for next week - tonight's show is completely planned and it totally rocks, so I don't wanna mess with it.

See you tonight!

biggrin.gif

Unfortunately I'll be missing the next 2 weeks so I'll request it later on down the road...thanks anyways

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 6 2008, 02:33 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 6 2008, 09:48 AM)
Probably too late for a request but could you please squeeze in "Tomorrow Never Knows" by the Beatles?  If not, no worries

Thanks!

See you tonight!

biggrin.gif

Unfortunately I'll be missing the next 2 weeks so I'll request it later on down the road...thanks anyways

No problem - let me know...

You still listening tonight? confused13.gif

EXCELLENT show last night Goob!

I'd like to request for next week any three Kraftwerk songs from the first three albums... preferably one from each album... and if you have Doremi Fasol Latido by Hawkwind on CD, I'd like you to also play the opening track from that album, "Brainstorm".

Thanks if you can do that, and setlist please... wink.gif

Hey, what was that "speed metal of acoustic guitars" song called? I can't remember who you said it was by or what it was called. Awesome show, I'm glad I finally got to listen the whole way through this time. Great song choice for the opener too, did my responses in the Moody Blues thread inspire you to play it?

QUOTE (Syaoran_2001 @ Mar 7 2008, 02:36 PM)
Hey, what was that "speed metal of acoustic guitars" song called? I can't remember who you said it was by or what it was called.

That song was "Mediterranean Sundance / Rio Ancho" by Al Di Meola, John McLaughlin, and Paco De Lucia from the album Friday Night in San Francisco, released in 1981. You can find the original studio version of "Mediterranean Sundance" on Al Di Meola's 1977 album Elegant Gypsy.

Goob and everyone else that tuned in, my sincere apologies for leaving without saying goodbye. My computer froze when I tried to print something off for a paper i'm writing on Woodstock (any info about anything regarding the event that anyone has would be appreciated, PM me!) And then I remembered that I had to go over to my friend's house to watch some Lost (I just got to season 2). So yeah, hoping to view the setlist and listen to the rest of the show later on! Peace ya'll.

QUOTE (Rush! @ Mar 7 2008, 09:36 AM)
EXCELLENT show last night Goob!

I'd like to request for next week any three Kraftwerk songs from the first three albums... preferably one from each album... and if you have Doremi Fasol Latido by Hawkwind on CD, I'd like you to also play  the opening track from that album, "Brainstorm".

I'll see what I can do. wink.gif

QUOTE (Rush! @ Mar 7 2008, 09:36 AM)
Thanks if you can do that, and setlist please... wink.gif

But, of course!

The Interdimensional Vortex - 3/6/08

1. The Moody Blues - The Voice

2. Grateful Dead - Cumberland Blues

3. Novalis - Dronsz

4. Novalis - Impressionen

5. The Nazz - Forget All About It

6. Billy Nicholls - Feeling Easy

7. Pink Floyd - Up The Khyber

8. Led Zeppelin - Tangerine

9. Led Zeppelin - That's The Way

10. Yes - Future Times/Rejoice

11. Yes - Don't Kill The Whale

12. Yes - Madrigal

13. Yes - Release, Release

14. Al Di Meola, John McLaughlin, Paco De Lucia - Mediterranean Sundance/Rio Ancho

15. Canned Heat - Goin' Up The Country

16. Marmalade - Kaleidoscope

17. WCPAEB - Shifting Sands

18. Arti & Mestieri - Gravita 9.81

19. Arti & Mestieri - Strips

20. Arti & Mestieri - Corrosione

21. Arti & Mestieri - Positivo/Negativo

22. The Head Shop - Infinity

23. Rush - Closer to the Heart (live - Different Stages)

QUOTE (Syaoran_2001 @ Mar 7 2008, 12:36 PM)
Hey, what was that "speed metal of acoustic guitars" song called?  I can't remember who you said it was by or what it was called.  Awesome show, I'm glad I finally got to listen the whole way through this time.  Great song choice for the opener too, did my responses in the Moody Blues thread inspire you to play it?

Nick answered the "speed metal of acoustic guitars" song question, and better than I could have, so I won't touch that one. BTW, my brother-in-law, who is an excellent guitar player, scolded me appropriately and said I should have said the "speed metal of classical guitars" wacko.gif

In terms of you inspring me to play The Moody Blues - The Voice, ironically I had already planned on playing that song for weeks.*

*Ok, you got me - it really WAS because of you in that Moodies thread. yes.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Mar 7 2008, 09:37 PM)
Goob and everyone else that tuned in, my sincere apologies for leaving without saying goodbye. My computer froze when I tried to print something off for a paper i'm writing on Woodstock (any info about anything regarding the event that anyone has would be appreciated, PM me!) And then I remembered that I had to go over to my friend's house to watch some Lost (I just got to season 2). So yeah, hoping to view the setlist and listen to the rest of the show later on! Peace ya'll.

You rude bastard! angry.gif

Kidding. tongue.gif

As fate would have it (ah, the cruel hand of fate!), at the end of the show when I went to hit the button on the computer to stop recording the show, I noticed that I had never actually STARTED to record the show. I was really distracted right at the beginning of the show, and I thought I had pressed it, but I hadn't. sad.gif

I was really bummed, because I thought it was one of the very best shows ever, and I didn't f*cking record it! angry.gif

I told my station manager, and he said there is a system that records everything, so he's going to try and save it. He said he's rescued many shows that way. I made some joke about him going down into the well to rescue a trapped show, but I digress. Anyway, apparently it's not easy as he has to go back and search through an entire day to find a show, and even then I don't know if the sound quality will be at it's usual level. I'll let people know if his show surgery was successful, cause it would suck if the show was gone forever. sad.gif

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Mar 7 2008, 09:48 PM)
Goob any chance that you can puy the song in my sig in your show next week?

Sorry man, I have no idea how to do that. I have to have something on cd with wav files, or I'm clueless as to how to play something. There ARE people who play things off the internet at the station off of i-tunes or whatever, but I have neither the knowledge (or sorry, the inclination) to know how to do this. Besides, I'd rather play cd's anyway and play wav files. There already is some compression that happens between my cd at the station and your computer speakers when you hear it, and I'd rather not add any MORE compression by starting with MP3's, even if I knew how to do it...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 8 2008, 10:48 AM)
*Ok, you got me - it really WAS because of you in that Moodies thread. yes.gif wink.gif

I knew it!

Also, I request more Moodies for next week, if you don't mind. How about "I Know You're Out There Somewhere" from the '88 album "Sur La Mer?"

Oh, and since you had a little trouble with my name last time, you can just call me John, much easier to figure out how to pronounce that one.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 8 2008, 10:55 AM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Mar 7 2008, 09:48 PM)
Goob any chance that you can puy the song in my sig in your show next week?

Sorry man, I have no idea how to do that. I have to have something on cd with wav files, or I'm clueless as to how to play something. There ARE people who play things off the internet at the station off of i-tunes or whatever, but I have neither the knowledge (or sorry, the inclination) to know how to do this. Besides, I'd rather play cd's anyway and play wav files. There already is some compression that happens between my cd at the station and your computer speakers when you hear it, and I'd rather not add any MORE compression by starting with MP3's, even if I knew how to do it...

Oh well. I was just hoping to get our music out there a little more than just on youtube.

Another great show for prog lovers tonight! yes.gif biggrin.gif

The Interdimensional Vortex plays from 5-7pm Thrusday night (8-10pm EST, 1-3am UK) on www.kskq.org and is mix between 60's psych, 70's prog and other audio goodies - click on the play button or on "Listen Live"

Please come to chat for fun and festivities during the show! There will be some requests from TRF members tonight to add to the usual insanity...

See ya later on!

Gary

biggrin.gif

Hey was the last show recorded by chance? I would love to listen to it. Completely forgot what day of the week it was (on spring break cool10.gif )

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Mar 16 2008, 01:15 AM)
Hey was the last show recorded by chance? I would love to listen to it. Completely forgot what day of the week it was (on spring break cool10.gif )

Sorry, I had been a bit reluctant previously to post a link to this show. I felt like I wasn't really "on" during the talky parts, and I said so. I didn't realize until later on that the reason I could barely string a sentence together was because I was sick! It made it really hard for me to keep focused.

Anyway, the good news is the music still rocked, and that IS why people tune in, right? unsure.gif tongue.gif

Here's the link to last week's show:

The Interdimensional Vortex - March 13, 2008

The previous week's show (one of my best ever IMHO) is still MIA - it's a bit of a hassle apparently to extract it since I didn't properly record it, but I haven't given up hope that it will still get resuced.

Anyway, I also hope people can listen tonight!

The Interdimensional Vortex plays from 5-7pm Thrusday night (8-10pm EST, 1-3am UK) on www.kskq.org and is mix between 60's psych, 70's prog and other audio goodies - click on the play button or on "Listen Live"

Please come to chat for fun and festivities during the show!

Peace & Love,

Gary

smile.gif