The Pink Panther

Ru5h F@n

I still think Peter Sellers will always be remembered as Inspector Clouseau. yes.gif I don't know why they brought the movie back after it had 2 flops, "The Son Of The Pink Panther" and "The Curse Of The Pink Panther". I don't think Steve Martin will ever fill Peter's shoes. no.gif unsure.gif Edited by Ru5h F@n

I've been a Martin fan for a long time, and this decision really bugged me. He's a very clever guy, but should have knon enough to leave class sellers alone. yes.gif

Although, for the cash he got I'd probably destroy Sellers in a Strangelove re-make. unsure.gif

P.S. I love Being There!

Steve Martin has jumped the shark. His "original idea" movies like The Jerk, The Man with Two Brains, Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid, All of Me, Roxanne, LA Story, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, The Three Amigos and Bowfinger all have something worth while. I laughed out loud watching all of them. His "remake movies" are all major disappointments.

FYI, Alan Arkin also played Inspector Clouseau in Inspector Clouseau!

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 20 2006, 06:09 PM)
Steve Martin has jumped the shark. His "original idea" movies like The Jerk, The Man with Two Brains, Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid, All of Me, Roxanne, LA Story, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, The Three Amigos and Bowfinger all have something worth while. I laughed out loud watching all of them. His "remake movies" are all major disappointments.

Oh? Since there was only one I could tell it wasn't that good I bet. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Dec 20 2006, 10:34 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 20 2006, 06:09 PM)
Steve Martin has jumped the shark.  His "original idea" movies like The Jerk, The Man with Two Brains, Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid, All of Me, Roxanne, LA Story, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, The Three Amigos and Bowfinger all have something worth while.  I laughed out loud watching all of them.  His "remake movies" are all major disappointments.

Oh? Since there was only one I could tell it wasn't that good I bet. unsure.gif

It is awful.

I love Steve Martin's early work. "The Jerk" is one of my favorite movies of all time. But his version of "Pink Panther" is APPALLING. My wife and I rented it on Netflix and we couldn't bear to watch more than about 10 minutes of it before we gave up and turned it off. Terrible.

Peter Sellers was one of a kind. Everything he did was brilliant. (His early work with Kubrick in particular stands out... "Strangelove" is a masterpiece.) I have loved the Peter Sellers "Pink Panther" movies since I was a kid and I still do today!