Official SAINTS thread - about time

treeduck

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 19 2007, 03:46 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 19 2007, 11:51 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 19 2007, 10:48 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 19 2007, 12:17 AM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Jan 19 2007, 12:11 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 18 2007, 07:44 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Jan 18 2007, 09:59 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 18 2007, 01:45 PM)
The Saints are gearing up for a bear hunt...

meanwhile here's my old game shirt from 1989...

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/9859/picture013sj6.jpg

Geees... from the looks of things you were pretty buzzed while taking that picture cool.gif laugh.gif rofl3.gif trink39.gif

BTW.. looks like snow on sunday, not what you want no.gif tongue.gif

laugh.gif

We can take em...

1287.gif

Sure you can win. But the playoffs in Chicago during winter will be one hell of a task biggrin.gif trink39.gif

aye...

But if it wasn't hard it wouldn't be fun...

trink39.gif

If theyre forced ot keep the ball on the ground, NO could have an advantage.. smile.gif

Agreed. The Bears are ripe of for the picking. Their run defense, especially in the middle, has fallen off significantly since the injury to Tommie Harris. The Saints need to pound pound pound! Also, the Saints passing game will be just fine in rainy weather. They rely on short time patterns as opposed to stretching the field.

Hurrah!!

trink38.gif

The way my season has gone this year, I probably just jinxed them ohmy.gif

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 19 2007, 03:51 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 19 2007, 03:46 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 19 2007, 11:51 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 19 2007, 10:48 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 19 2007, 12:17 AM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Jan 19 2007, 12:11 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 18 2007, 07:44 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Jan 18 2007, 09:59 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 18 2007, 01:45 PM)
The Saints are gearing up for a bear hunt...

meanwhile here's my old game shirt from 1989...

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/9859/picture013sj6.jpg

Geees... from the looks of things you were pretty buzzed while taking that picture cool.gif laugh.gif rofl3.gif trink39.gif

BTW.. looks like snow on sunday, not what you want no.gif tongue.gif

laugh.gif

We can take em...

1287.gif

Sure you can win. But the playoffs in Chicago during winter will be one hell of a task biggrin.gif trink39.gif

aye...

But if it wasn't hard it wouldn't be fun...

trink39.gif

If theyre forced ot keep the ball on the ground, NO could have an advantage.. smile.gif

Agreed. The Bears are ripe of for the picking. Their run defense, especially in the middle, has fallen off significantly since the injury to Tommie Harris. The Saints need to pound pound pound! Also, the Saints passing game will be just fine in rainy weather. They rely on short time patterns as opposed to stretching the field.

Hurrah!!

trink38.gif

The way my season has gone this year, I probably just jinxed them ohmy.gif

biggrin.gif

I think even in the snow and cold, the Saints are going to win. remember, the Packers had never lost at Lambeau in the playoffs until Vick went in there a couple years ago and beat Favre on the Frozen Tundra. Falcons were also a dome team, and a team with 2 legit running backs. They'll win in Chicago.

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Jan 21 2007, 04:00 PM)
Look like the chargers last week - give the bears the ball any chance they can get - Refs are determined to give this one to the bears to, at least in the first half - BAD CALLS

angry.gif

We're getting beat!! Shit!!

fists crying.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 21 2007, 05:13 PM)
Look like the chargers last week - give the bears the ball any chance they can get - Refs are determined to give this one to the bears to, at least in the first half - BAD  CALLS

angry.gif

fists crying.gif

Yeah its not looking so good now is it ducky!

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Jan 21 2007, 04:17 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 21 2007, 05:13 PM)
Look like the chargers last week - give the bears the ball any chance they can get - Refs are determined to give this one to the bears to, at least in the first half - BAD  CALLS

angry.gif

fists crying.gif

Yeah its not looking so good now is it ducky!

All we can hope for is a rousing locker room speech and a second half turn around...

sad.gif

Edited by treeduck

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 21 2007, 10:24 PM)
Look at that 2 pointer, the Bears are trying to STEAL their way through!!

angry.gif

Momentum.

The key point in this game for me was in the 3rd quarter just before Cundiff's long field goal attempt. On 3rd down The Saints called a passing play that was incomplete. I was shouting run the football, just another 3 or 4 yards would have made that kick just a little shorter. A conservative play call was what was needed right there. Cundiff took his kick and missed...just, an extra few yards and he would have made it and the Saints would have been in the lead.

As a result of this the Bears got good field position and after a great punt the Bears got the safety...momentum shifted to the Bears once again. Instead of being behind they were in front by 4 and after that the Bears never looked back.

Hard luck Treeduck and The Saints but you have to take your hat off to those Bears and I hope this finally gets the critics off Rex Grossman's back. He played well again tonight.

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Jan 21 2007, 11:07 PM)
I hate the freaking bears - they are so freaking boring - Their going to the superbowl with the lamest QB ever -

The lamest QB ever didn't turn over the football, I'm a big fan of Drew Brees and he did well in my fantasy play-off team but he did turn over the football.

I'm not a fan of The Bears, I like don't like The Colts either and The Pats even more less than that laugh.gif

Edited by Huck

QUOTE (Huck @ Jan 21 2007, 06:07 PM)
Hard luck Treeduck and The Saints but you have to take your hat off to those Bears and I hope this finally gets the critics off Rex Grossman's back. He played well again tonight.

Thanks mate...

Shit, that was hard to swallow especially in the 21-zip 4th quarter eh.gif

Still we've had a great season, probably the best ever and I think we've proved with this team that we're a force to be reckoned with and the Saints are a definitely a team of the future...

Good luck to the Bears and the Colts and the Pats, I don't care who wins now...

trink38.gif