Miller Beer unveils new ad campaign

Jack Aubrey

Miller Says It's OK To Drink Cheap Beer

Ad Campaign Targets Affluent 20-Somethings

POSTED: 8:02 am EST November 13, 2006

MILWAUKEE -- A new ad campaign by Miller Brewing Co. embraces Miller High Life's emphasis on value, saying it's OK to savor a lower priced brew.

It's after more affluent drinkers, who are straying to imports and crafts. Milwaukee-based Miller is the nation's second largest brewer.

The ad campaigns targets affluent 20-somethings with an ongoing ad campaign that proclaims Miller Genuine Draft is a "grown up" beer for drinkers who want the better things in life.

Miller High Life marketing director Tom McLoughlin said the MGD campaign missed older drinkers -- typically 35-year-olds with kids -- who still want a low-priced brew.

With sales of domestic beer dropping, the company can't afford to leave out prospective customers.

Miller launched new television ads in 14 markets in the Midwest that feature a delivery man removing Miller High Life from a bistro, dance club and other highbrow establishments, saying the brew doesn't belong there.

Source.

Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 13 2006, 03:13 PM)
I've never actually tasted yak piss, but Miller High Life captures the essense of yak piss. It's yak piss in a bottle. Miller Lite is fine champagne in comparison.

Of course you've tried yak piss! It is the secret ingredient in all of your yuppy beers that you love so much!

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 13 2006, 03:50 PM)
I've never actually tasted yak piss, but Miller High Life captures the essense of yak piss. It's yak piss in a bottle. Miller Lite is fine champagne in comparison.

Of course you've tried yak piss! It is the secret ingredient in all of your yuppy beers that you love so much!

No no, the micro brews use sheep's blood, remember?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 13 2006, 03:54 PM)

No, I'm pretty sure Arogant Bastard and Sierra Nevada are using the yak piss still - much cheaper than the sheep blood/sheep urine special blend...

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 13 2006, 04:00 PM)

No, I'm pretty sure Arogant Bastard and Sierra Nevada are using the yak piss still - much cheaper than the sheep blood/sheep urine special blend...

Sierra Nevada IS tasting a little subpar lately, so you could be right. However, Stone uses only the most expensive ingredients in their beers. They brew their Arrogant Bastard Ale with only the finest mountain-bred, grass-fed sheep's blood. Yum! trink38.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 13 2006, 04:07 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 13 2006, 04:00 PM)

Sierra Nevada IS tasting a little subpar lately, so you could be right. However, Stone uses only the most expensive ingredients in their beers. They brew their Arrogant Bastard Ale with only the finest mountain-bred, grass-fed sheep's blood. Yum! trink38.gif

That's so they can charge you yuppies more... margin, margin, margin... Little do you know they are just buying Miller lite for $1 per gallon, adding rat+yak piss and selling to suckers like you for $4 a bottle rofl3.gif

rofl3.gif

Now you two stop it or I'm going to have to moderate you...

rofl3.gif

I do love the new Miller Lite commercials...

Burt Reynolds: B lock..

Jimmy Johnson: Du umb...

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

trink38.gif trink38.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/maxwelbd/trf/rr.gif

Edited by Midway Hawker