Santa Clara 49ers?

softfilter

Team looking to move, I know there headquarters is in Santa Clara and that's one of the possibilities. But I hope they would still be called San Francisco. California teams seem to go through this quite often Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders/Anaheim/Los Angeles Rams (ok now there St.Louis and they were first Cleveland Rams) And of course the Angels in baseball, etc. Just hope same thing dosen't happen to 49ers one of the coolest emblems in the NFL it would be ruined to see anything other then that SF on the helmet. SC yuck dazed025.gif (No offense to anyone who is from Santa Clara, but I'd hate to see another proud traditional franchise leave elsewhere.)

Ye I posted an article on it in NFL thread. Being a long time Niner fan this would REALLY suck angry.gif

I bet the league will try their best to convince the Niners to move to Los Angeles 062802puke_prv.gif

Edited to say the team will probably be still the San Francisco 49ers if they do indeed move to Santa Clara (It's only 30 miles south of SF).

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 9 2006, 10:37 AM)
Ye I posted an article on it in NFL thread.  Being a long time Niner fan this would REALLY suck angry.gif

I bet the league will try their best to convince the Niners to move to Los Angeles  062802puke_prv.gif

Edited to say the team will probably be still the San Francisco 49ers if they do indeed move to Santa Clara (It's only 30 miles south of SF).

The league is desperate to get a team in LA, the 49ers seems the easiest way of doing that right now, being in Santa Clara would at least mean they remain the SF 49ers...but I fear that they may become the Los angeles 49ers sad.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Nov 10 2006, 08:58 AM)
Ye I posted an article on it in NFL thread.  Being a long time Niner fan this would REALLY suck angry.gif

I bet the league will try their best to convince the Niners to move to Los Angeles  062802puke_prv.gif

The league is desperate to get a team in LA, the 49ers seems the easiest way of doing that right now, being in Santa Clara would at least mean they remain the SF 49ers...but I fear that they may become the Los angeles 49ers sad.gif

Actually it look like Santa Clara will definitely be the top priority....the Niners revealed a stadium plan for the area....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AqcU...ov=ap&type=lgns

Huck that's DISGUSTING...Los Angeles and 49ers DO NOT go together 062802puke_prv.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 10 2006, 03:18 PM)

Actually it look like Santa Clara will definitely be the top priority....the Niners revealed a stadium plan for the area....

Huck that's DISGUSTING...Los Angeles and 49ers DO NOT go together 062802puke_prv.gif tongue.gif

How far is Santa Clara from SF?

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Nov 10 2006, 05:01 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 10 2006, 03:18 PM)

How far is Santa Clara from SF?

30 miles south of SF....Their head office and training facilities are already there...

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 10 2006, 08:18 PM)

Sorry Testy laugh.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Nov 11 2006, 06:34 AM)

Sorry Testy laugh.gif

LA doesn't deserve a team.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Nov 11 2006, 10:18 AM)

Sorry Testy laugh.gif

Well, if they get the current Niners, they won't be getting one! laugh.gif

QUOTE (goose @ Nov 12 2006, 12:54 AM)

Sorry Testy laugh.gif

rage.gif sarcasm.gif eyesre4.gif moon.gif

Watch they'll be back soon enuff yes.gif 1287.gif

Besides when the move does go forward (it'll be Santa Clara) it won't be til 2012...By then they should be a competitive team once again...they may be shitty now but they are moving in the right direction...

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 12 2006, 09:30 AM)
QUOTE (goose @ Nov 12 2006, 12:54 AM)

Sorry Testy laugh.gif

rage.gif sarcasm.gif eyesre4.gif moon.gif

Watch they'll be back soon enuff yes.gif 1287.gif

Besides when the move does go forward (it'll be Santa Clara) it won't be til 2012...By then they should be a competitive team once again...they may be shitty now but they are moving in the right direction...

Well, you can't fall out of a hole.

Sorry Testy laugh.gif

angry.gif

THIS IS NOT FUNNY!!!

rage.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 10 2006, 05:18 PM)
On a sad note I just learned Coach Bill Walsh is now battling leukemia sad.gif

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ApyB...ov=ap&type=lgns

sad.gif

I just read this...

At least he is feeling better than he was a few weeks ago.

I hope he can fight and win this battle. yes.gif

Archived