Rush Spotting in Toronto

Ya_Big_Tree

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jun 28 2008, 06:21 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 28 2008, 12:16 AM)
Whoa......I just saw this thread. Neil was at a Raptors game? Wow, that's cool.........

Never would've figured the guy would risk that sort of public exposure-a major sporting event in Toronto. It is kind of funny that the people sitting next to them had no idea who they were.

I just can't picture Neil sitting Courtside at an NBA game........for some who dislikes the public eye as much as him.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Oct 17 2006, 04:47 PM)
Hey everyone, if you're in Toronto you will be pleased to know that Rush are back in town.
Geddy and Neil were spotted at the Raptors game the other night at the ACC sitting along courtside with my fellow friends. They weren't huge Rush fans (unlike myself) so they had no idea who they were sitting next to the entire time, bastards! One of my less than quiet co-workers in his drunken state (no less) started a conversation with Mr. Lee and found out that they are in town recording their new album. No word yet on the drop date but they are writing new stuff, I dunno about you guys but I'm excited.

653.gif

Are you kidding? I know it's possible, but I'm having a hard time believing that they would record new material during a tour. unsure.gif

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jun 28 2008, 05:29 PM)
Hey everyone, if you're in Toronto you will be pleased to know that Rush are back in town. 
Geddy and Neil were spotted at the Raptors game the other night at the ACC sitting along courtside with my fellow friends. They weren't huge Rush fans (unlike myself) so they had no idea who they were sitting next to the entire time, bastards!  One of my less than quiet co-workers in his drunken state (no less) started a conversation with Mr. Lee and found out that they are in town recording their new album. No word yet on the drop date but they are writing new stuff, I dunno about you guys but I'm excited.

653.gif

Are you kidding? I know it's possible, but I'm having a hard time believing that they would record new material during a tour. unsure.gif

You'll notice that was posted almost two years ago, pre - S & A.

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jun 28 2008, 06:29 PM)
Geddy and Neil were spotted at the Raptors game the other night at the ACC sitting along courtside with my fellow friends. They weren't huge Rush fans (unlike myself) so they had no idea who they were sitting next to the entire time, bastards!  One of my less than quiet co-workers in his drunken state (no less) started a conversation with Mr. Lee and found out that they are in town recording their new album. No word yet on the drop date but they are writing new stuff, I dunno about you guys but I'm excited.

653.gif

If only. . .then we'd have something to look forward to. The quality would definitely be questionable, though!

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 28 2008, 06:32 PM)

653.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif No, I didn't notice. laugh.gif

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 28 2008, 04:32 PM)

653.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Catch The Fish!

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Geddy and Neil were spotted at the Raptors game the other night at the ACC sitting along courtside with my fellow friends. They weren't huge Rush fans (unlike myself) so they had no idea who they were sitting next to the entire time, bastards! One of my less than quiet co-workers in his drunken state (no less) started a conversation with Mr. Lee and found out that they are in town recording their new album. No word yet on the drop date but they are writing new stuff, I dunno about you guys but I'm excited.

653.gif

You seem to have the excitement of a little girl who's peed her pants as well, lol

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Dec 14 2008, 11:52 AM)
The Rush guys know that time is of the essence now. Imagine coming to the point of your life where you can actually feel the end of your career in sight. Scary and exciting at the same time.

Meh,

After all what these guys have been through, they're wise enough to know that a career can end at any time.

I'm guessing that the trio takes it all in stride.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Dec 14 2008, 12:01 PM)
Why has this thread been resurrected? unsure.gif

T'is, "The Resurrection"...............

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Dec 14 2008, 05:55 PM)

653.gif

You seem to have the excitement of a little girl who's peed her pants as well, lol

Ha, looks who's talking! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Dec 14 2008, 01:24 PM)

653.gif

Look like I have a thread stalker myself. tongue.gif laugh.gif

At least I can contain my excitement without splooging in my pants, unlike some people. eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (derekwall77 @ Dec 14 2008, 01:45 PM)
Ok mate, you are saying that Mr. Peart was in the first row at a public sporting event and was chatting up your drunk friends who had no idea who he was? Odd

You do realize the thread was started over 2 years ago?

Who went gravedigging? wtf.gif

What is the definition of a RUMOUR? This reminds me of the days of yesteryear when kids would say...."you here who's coming to the arena" and then we would all wait with eager anticipation only to find out what the definition of Urban Legend was/is. Don't get your undies or panties in a wrinkle waiting for an announcement there is none to come IMHO.

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 14 2008, 01:49 PM)
Ok mate, you are saying that Mr. Peart was in the first row at a public sporting event and was chatting up your drunk friends who had no idea who he was? Odd

You do realize the thread was started over 2 years ago?

Who went gravedigging? wtf.gif

Ya, Im not gonna dignify any of this with an answer. It's such old news... let's let this die already. Events that have passed have already confirmed my original post and that's all this post was meant for. It seems to me that someone has revived this for simple reason of trying to make me sound like I don't know what I'm talking about. If you read the date of the original post it should make things clearer. Thanks.

No need to get beastly.

It's out of character for Mr. Peart to be mingling in public with folks that are plastered.

Maybe he's more of a socail butterfly than we thought these days.

Thanks for the story mate!

QUOTE (derekwall77 @ Dec 14 2008, 05:49 PM)
No need to get beastly.
It's out of character for Mr. Peart to be mingling in public with folks that are plastered.
Maybe he's more of a socail butterfly than we thought these days.
Thanks for the story mate!

You should read more carefully.

Nowhere does it say Mr. Peart talked to anyone, it says Mr. Lee.

If you are going to be a twit and call someone out on a post (twice), at least read it properly.

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Dec 15 2008, 11:46 AM)
You had me all excited by that first post, until I saw the date. doh.gif

Yeah me too. sad.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Dec 14 2008, 01:29 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Dec 14 2008, 01:24 PM)

653.gif

Look like I have a thread stalker myself. tongue.gif laugh.gif

At least I can contain my excitement without splooging in my pants, unlike some people. eyesre4.gif

Damnit I told you not to tell anyone Chrissie! angry.gif tongue.gif rofl3.gif

Archived