You eeeeediot!

Jack Aubrey

I might just have to get that. I must admit to spending many late nights as a young kid staying up and watching Nickelodeon to see that show. Is it just me, or has Nickelodeon really lost a lot of its good cartoon ideas? I remember religeously watching Ren & Stimpy, Doug, and Rocko's Modern Life. even Hey Arnold seend pretty good, but I grew out of it. Maybe thats the thing, I might not find a lot of those shows nearly as entertaining at 20 as i did at 10.

Bumping an old thread here, I only bought this DVD set a few months ago. I remember watching this show when I was ages 5-10 probably. Ren & Stimpy was on when I was really little too so whenever I watched it on Nickelodeon, they would show re-runs. I also have Season 3 & Half-Ish on DVD as well and those episodes have some funny parts but it's not as funny as the 1991-1993 years with John K.

And BTW, 1-0-0-1, John K. was actually fired by Nickelodeon. I believe his jokes were getting more and more into gross humor territory and Nickelodeon wanted the show to be more "clean". So basically the creator was pulled from his own show. A load of BS.

Moonraker: I also loved Doug & Rocko's Modern Life. I agree that nearly all of Nickelodeon's cartoons are not as funny and just seem to be less inspired. There's so many shows now with real people and not cartoons.

And I really wish Rocko's Modern Life would come out to DVD, I've checked a few different sites and it's not out!

The Angry Beavers & Aaahhh! Real Monsters were really funny as well. smile.gif

Archived