Heroes

Necromancer

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Feb 22 2007, 06:06 AM)
i watched this last night..
i feel so out of the loop from having missed so many episodes i don't know what the hell is happening!!!
but it was still a great episode...

Ladi - I wish I could fill you in but this show is a hard one. sad.gif

Its like you get it if you watch, but how the heck do you explain what is happening. There is such deep meaning in the things going on and how the dots connect. I'm still lost watching all of them on somethings. wacko.gif

Try to download and see the episodes you missed it's really worth it. smile.gif

If you know anyone who is a Stan Lee fan and knows his work might be able to help explain and get you up to speed.

Anyone?????????

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (owlswing @ Feb 22 2007, 08:34 AM)
QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Feb 22 2007, 06:06 AM)
i watched this last night..
i feel so out of the loop from having missed so many episodes i don't know what the hell is happening!!!
but it was still a great episode...

Ladi - I wish I could fill you in but this show is a hard one. sad.gif

Its like you get it if you watch, but how the heck do you explain what is happening. There is such deep meaning in the things going on and how the dots connect. I'm still lost watching all of them on somethings. wacko.gif

Try to download and see the episodes you missed it's really worth it. smile.gif

If you know anyone who is a Stan Lee fan and knows his work might be able to help explain and get you up to speed.

Anyone?????????

not a bad idea to download the previous episodes...

i had it recording from the sci fi channel originally...so maybe i'll check that out again and see what my settings are for my season pass... cuz if they are rebroadcasting the reruns then i might still have a chance!!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Episode 1x17 - Company Man

Oh. My. God. ohmy.gif

That was the best episode, on any series, I've seen in a long, long time new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I think that concentrating the story on just those characters was a masterstroke - the episode was so streamlined that the tension ratcheted up and up right from the start (I loved the way it started before the events at the end of last week's episode).

So many revelations... wacko.gif

And that final scene was heartbreaking sad.gif

Just a word for Jack Coleman - he's been great all the way through but in this episode he took HRG to levels I couldn't believe.

And the flashbacks were genius. It's such an overused and often abused plot device but this was the best use of it I've seen since Firefly's Out Of Gas, which - imo - is as close to a perfect piece of tv as you can get yes.gif

Fantastic applaudit.gif

My wife really enjoys "Heroes." I watch it with her on occasion, but not enough to fill anyone in on the details. The effects are pretty intense and incredible, and I will say that "Company Man" had some pretty awesome FX.

If you are into sci-fi, as my wife and typically are, then this show is worth watching.

QUOTE (owlswing @ Feb 27 2007, 04:32 PM)
Lots of new shockers coming next week too!

Bloody hell, you weren't kidding were you? ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

There were so many surprises on top of those shocks my head was spinning by the end of it laugh.gif

As for that ending... ohmy.gif sad.gif

It's on a break now for a few weeks isn't it? unsure.gif

QUOTE (willowroolz @ Mar 5 2007, 03:19 PM)

There were so many surprises on top of those shocks my head was spinning by the end of it laugh.gif

No! It's on tonight don't miss it!!!

They only have a few episodes left in this chapter...which mean the end of the season is near or they'll be taking some time off.

QUOTE (owlswing @ Mar 5 2007, 08:29 PM)
QUOTE (willowroolz @ Mar 5 2007, 03:19 PM)

No! It's on tonight don't miss it!!!

I, erm, acquired 1x18 Parasite yesterday - seems it's airing a day earlier in Canada ph34r.gif

Thought it was fantastic. Not as good as last week, but that would've been extremely difficult laugh.gif

At least now we know how Peter got the scar Future Hiro mentioned ohmy.gif

And he's lost his stupid hairstyle too laugh.gif

It's going to be a long month's wait for 1x19 sad.gif

Edit: Did I say month? April 22nd/23rd is the next episode. Seven weeks. rage.gif fists crying.gif

Edited by willowroolz

QUOTE (willowroolz @ Feb 28 2007, 03:04 AM)
Episode 1x17 - Company Man

Oh. My. God. ohmy.gif

That was the best episode, on any series, I've seen in a long, long time new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I think that concentrating the story on just those characters was a masterstroke - the episode was so streamlined that the tension ratcheted up and up right from the start (I loved the way it started before the events at the end of last week's episode).

So many revelations... wacko.gif

And that final scene was heartbreaking sad.gif

Just a word for Jack Coleman - he's been great all the way through but in this episode he took HRG to levels I couldn't believe.

And the flashbacks were genius. It's such an overused and often abused plot device but this was the best use of it I've seen since Firefly's Out Of Gas, which - imo - is as close to a perfect piece of tv as you can get yes.gif

Fantastic applaudit.gif

just saw this episode last night...

(it records off sci fi on friday nights)

WOW.....

QUOTE (owlswing @ Mar 6 2007, 08:51 AM)
7 weeks Why? Why make us wait... fists crying.gif We lots of time to sit and wonder what is next confused13.gif

maybe on the sci fi channel they will have reruns (or even on NBC for that matter) and i can play catch up to all that i missed....

this is all because of march madness, isnt it???

which means so many other shows we watch and love are going to be not airing new episode either...

angry.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Mar 6 2007, 11:08 PM)
7 weeks Why? Why make us wait... fists crying.gif  We lots of time to sit and wonder what is next confused13.gif

maybe on the sci fi channel they will have reruns (or even on NBC for that matter) and i can play catch up to all that i missed....

which means so many other shows we watch and love are going to be not airing new episode either...

angry.gif

March madness? What's that then? confused13.gif

I'm not used to this. Here in the UK they usually wait until they've got enough episodes of US shows so that they can run them without any breaks right through to the end of the season (hence Heroes has only just started on the Sci Fi channel over here). It makes me want to tear out what's left of my hair laugh.gif

I hope they do show re-runs for you, ladi, then you might be able to fill in the episodes you missed smile.gif

QUOTE (willowroolz @ Mar 7 2007, 04:12 AM)
7 weeks Why? Why make us wait... fists crying.gif  We lots of time to sit and wonder what is next confused13.gif

angry.gif

I'm not used to this. Here in the UK they usually wait until they've got enough episodes of US shows so that they can run them without any breaks right through to the end of the season (hence Heroes has only just started on the Sci Fi channel over here). It makes me want to tear out what's left of my hair laugh.gif

I hope they do show re-runs for you, ladi, then you might be able to fill in the episodes you missed smile.gif

March Madness is the NCAA basketball tournament/championship....

it runs for a i guess a couple of weeks...

not really into college basketball, so not quite sure on the length of it..

but there's a thread about it in champion players if your interested and would like more info....

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Mar 7 2007, 11:48 AM)

angry.gif

but there's a thread about it in champion players if your interested and would like more info....

Thanks for that biggrin.gif

QUOTE (willowroolz @ Mar 7 2007, 06:51 AM)
QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Mar 7 2007, 11:48 AM)

angry.gif

Thanks for that biggrin.gif

you are very welcome!!

i'm hoping they will air reruns...

it's more probable on sci fi than NBC i'm thinking...

i'm going to have to go into my tivo season pass settings so it will record the reruns, i think i have it set up to record first runs only...

just watched episode /chapte 18(?) last night.....

ummm..

WOW!

It's baaaack common001.gif

Thoroughly enjoyable episode although I was expecting a bit more, tbh. The face off between Peter and Sylar verged on being brilliant but it didn't last nearly long enough for my liking.

Eric Roberts needs some new false teeth laugh.gif

OMG, That was great!!!

I know a lot of people catch it on Fridays an Sci-Fi so I won't give it away but man was that a great way to end a Season and keeping you on pins and needles till next Season.

Ranks up there with Smallville Seasons Finale.

Edited by Batman