Orange Amps

D-13

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 21 2006, 08:28 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Sep 21 2006, 10:26 PM)
Discuss...

Good amps?  Anyone?

Orange amps are monsters. Especially the older ones. Which one are you looking at?

Anything that can make more justice than my crappy fender bender amp for my les paul!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I don't know whats better...getting just a cabinet or everything in one....

i'm not a cheap person either...and I want good quality that will last for a good amount of time.

I have no knowledge of amps because I always had the same little shit amp for 8 years...so since my new purchase of my les paul...I want something waaaaay better.

Like whats the diff between this....

http://www.twotribesmusic.co.uk/inventory/images/107_small-Orange%20half%20stack_l.jpg

and this...http://es.geocities.com/biornborj/orange_amp.jpg ?

QUOTE (D-13 @ Sep 21 2006, 10:29 PM)
Discuss...

Good amps?  Anyone?

Orange amps are monsters. Especially the older ones. Which one are you looking at?

Anything that can make more justice than my crappy fender bender amp for my les paul!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I assume you're looking for something in a small combo? The Rocker 30 Combo might be up your alley. It's a 30w combo with a 12" speaker, and it's got tubes, baby! Only thing is, it's $1,300 U.S. Ouch. Yes, Orange tube amps are big bucks.

Here's a link. That amp is the third one down. The first two are smaller solid state models that are both under $200 US. Obviously they won't have the tone of the tube models.

http://www.musictoyz.com/guitar/amps/orange.php

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 21 2006, 08:37 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Sep 21 2006, 10:29 PM)
Discuss...

Good amps?  Anyone?

I assume you're looking for something in a small combo? The Rocker 30 Combo might be up your alley. It's a 30w combo with a 12" speaker, and it's got tubes, baby! Only thing is, it's $1,300 U.S. Ouch. Yes, Orange tube amps are big bucks.

Here's a link. That amp is the third one down. The first two are smaller solid state models that are both under $200 US. Obviously they won't have the tone of the tube models.

http://www.musictoyz.com/guitar/amps/orange.php

$1300 eh'?

You know...buying Epiphones are great because they are super cheap compared to gibsons....for that reason I get to spend more $$$ on other things! laugh.gif This is def. one of those things. I need an amp and I need a good one. Thanks for the info. I'll start quoting music stores around here biggrin.gif

Don't be afraid of eBay. I got my two Marshall combos on there and after re-tubing them they have served me well. You might find that Orange combo on there for a lot less than new.

Also, check out a Marshall DSL100 combo. A little guy with tons of volume and a nice crunchy tone.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 21 2006, 08:52 PM)
Don't be afraid of eBay. I got my two Marshall combos on there and after re-tubing them they have served me well. You might find that Orange combo on there for a lot less than new.

Also, check out a Marshall DSL100 combo. A little guy with tons of volume and a nice crunchy tone.

Will do! biggrin.gif Thanks 73 trink39.gif

Which one would you recommend for a Hall setting? for doing gigs and such. Probably one of those cabs that nancy has...would probably do it. I'm just throwing out ideas.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Oct 2 2006, 03:24 PM)
On a serious note, go for a Marshall AVT. Any one. I have the AVT100X, which is a seriously good combo. Can be very heavy and metally, but even distorted, single notes can sound so clean and crisp.

That amp is not an all-tube amp, and it costs $630 US brand new. For that money she could get a used tube amp that'll sound 10x better.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 27 2006, 11:44 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Nov 27 2006, 11:20 PM)
ok i'm seriously looking at the AD30R ...too bad it's $2,000 sad.gif

http://www.imuso.co.uk/images/Product/EG00752.jpg

Have you tried one yet?

I will be tomorrow! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 2 2006, 09:01 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Oct 2 2006, 03:24 PM)
On a serious note, go for a Marshall AVT. Any one. I have the AVT100X, which is a seriously good combo. Can be very heavy and metally, but even distorted, single notes can sound so clean and crisp.

That amp is not an all-tube amp, and it costs $630 US brand new. For that money she could get a used tube amp that'll sound 10x better.

Ah, i have no idea about tubes or valves etc. I'm not very good with even the basic technical stuff unsure.gif

I just know it sounds alright for me!

Theres no ORANGE dealers around me, so please tell how they sound! is it like a british crunch or a real heavy distortion?

QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Dec 3 2006, 07:19 PM)
Theres no ORANGE dealers around me, so please tell how they sound! is it like a british crunch or a real heavy distortion?

Oh man! Totally British Crunch! I love this thing! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Dec 3 2006, 09:22 PM)

Nice! so can you afford it or is it too much?

QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Dec 3 2006, 07:26 PM)

It was $2000 CN. Worth the money in my mind! biggrin.gif This beast will be around for quite awhile! wub.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Dec 3 2006, 08:40 PM)

It was $2000 CN. Worth the money in my mind! biggrin.gif This beast will be around for quite awhile! wub.gif

It's a loud 30 watts, isn't it? Can't beat a Class A tube amp!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 3 2006, 08:04 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Dec 3 2006, 08:40 PM)

It's a loud 30 watts, isn't it? Can't beat a Class A tube amp!

yep 30 watts biggrin.gif