The New Album Cover thread

treeduck

I don't know about you lot but for me the day a new Rush album comes out is a lot like Christmas day back when I was a kid. "Excitement so thick you can cut it with a knife" you might say. The days leading up to it are almost as good as the day itself, then it comes, and every part of the day plays it's role in making it special. Even the wrapping paper on the presents is magical in a way even though the presents inside are the important thing and it's the same kind of thing with a Rush album cover. In the final analysis the artwork is not really crucial, it's not the meat in the sandwich, don't judge a Rush album by it's cover and all that, but it's all part of the whole "new Rush album experience" The cover art and overall package has always played a big part in this...

So I wonder what Hugh Syme and Neil are gonna come up with this time. Impossible to know of course, but I can't help imagining. We've had a little clue from the Peart blog, the description of the new music as almost spiritual. So a bright uplifting cover? An angel? White, gold, blue skies? Or black and dark again like VT? An animal on the cover, they've done dogs rabbits, dragons and owls, maybe a rat? A woman? A man? A boy? A ghost? A building? A sunset...?

So for those that are like me, a big kid looking forward to Christmas here's a chance for you to use your imaginations and idly speculate on the what the cover artwork and overall package may look like. The predominant colour, the images, the logo, the symbols, whatever you want...

Well, I always enjoyed the covers with plays on words - Hemispheres, Waves & Pictures. So, I'd like to see a return to something like that.

P.S. I didn't mention Counterparts. The packaging was the best part of that release. A Fun read.

I remember being confused at the cover of Signals. As in, confused as to how no one said "What the hell are we doing with this dog?"

How about something involving baseball, airplanes, and motorcycles?

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Sep 6 2006, 02:44 PM)
Test For Echo is my big favorite... Something like that, that's just very unusual, but not stupid abstract and symbolic crap like Grace Under Pressure... And ENOUGH WITH THE NAKED MEN!!! laugh.gif

Oh man!

You just broke my heart into a million pieces!

I love the art work to "Grace Under Pressure!"

Oh well!

Hey Hugh Syme is a frigging genius!!

Hey Tree!

I agree with you big time!

Getting that new Rush record on some random Tuesday morning or hey, even Tower Records would sell the new Rush record at Midnight on Tuesday morning!!

Been there and done that!!

"6:00 on Christmas Morning!" Whoops!! That is a Dream Theater song!! dazed025.gif

Anyway I can't wait to see the new art work!!

I just bought the new album by a band called "Stone Sour" because Hugh did the art work!! Killer!! Too bad the band sucks!!

Cheers to Hugh Syme!!

I will predict that the new album cover will be way out there!! No more simple stuff!!!

Earl

Archived