Rest 2112 or not?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Rest 2112 or not?

• 1 Yes, there's other songs I want to see performed live
    • 2 No they have to do the overture/temples
    • 3 I'm not sure
    • 4 No way, in fact they should do ALL of it again
    • 5 They should do it but only if played in the original key
    • 6 I want the Fountain of Lamneth, I'm easy about 2112...
    • 7 I want nothing from the 70s
    • 8 2112? I want Under Lock and Key played 33 times

Call me a heretic in the Temple of Syrinx... but a 2007 show without 2112, Dreamline, Tom Sawyer (yeah, I said it), or Closer to the Heart would be fine by me so long as they through in some stuff that longtimers have wanted, for years, to return to the set list (e.g., Entre Nous or Territories).

QUOTE (NobleEnoughbutWeakEnough @ Sep 2 2006, 05:21 PM)
Call me a heretic in the Temple of Syrinx... but a 2007 show without 2112, Dreamline, Tom Sawyer (yeah, I said it), or Closer to the Heart would be fine by me so long as they through in some stuff that longtimers have wanted, for years, to return to the set list (e.g., Entre Nous or Territories).

Territories is a good song, but not the best on Power Windows, there are other songs I'd want. And it was just a B side to The Big Money back in the day...

2112 in its entirety with the music in the original key.

Geddy can sing an ocatave lower as far as I'm concerned but hearing it in the lower key bugs my ears. Plus, lose the pirates and perform it as recorded.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 4 2006, 12:11 AM)
How about a special 90 minute concert where they do all of The Fountain of Lamneth, 2112, Hemispheres, Xanadu, Natural Science and the Camera Eye?

I'd be speechless for a month after that laugh.gif

QUOTE (SlackABob @ Sep 4 2006, 01:02 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 4 2006, 12:11 AM)
How about a special 90 minute concert where they do all of The Fountain of Lamneth, 2112, Hemispheres, Xanadu, Natural Science and the Camera Eye?

I'd be speechless for a month after that laugh.gif

It'd be cool, but I wonder what order they'd do them in?

How about...

1 2112

2 The Fountain of Lamenth

3 Natural Science

4 Hemispheres

5 The Camera Eye

6 Xanadu

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Sep 1 2006, 02:08 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 1 2006, 10:05 AM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Sep 1 2006, 12:42 PM)
I love 2112, but it's played out...they need to retire it  like they did Closer to the Heart on the VT and R30 tours.

The Trees should have this done as well. Neil even considers it to be trite these days according to both Contents and Chemistry. And I agree with him.

Definitely other things I'd rather have played.

Do you think all 70s songs should now be dropped mate? If not which ones would you like to see?

Not all 70s songs, just the ones that are played every single tour.

Dream list of songs I'd like to see played (unlikely as it may be):

Middletown Dreams

Circumstances

Double Agent

Time and Motion

Cut to the Chase

Cinderella Man

Jacob's Ladder

Vapor Trail

Something off Presto that hasn't been played live yet, maybe Red Tide or Available Light

Entre Nous

And most importantly:

Most or all of the new album, when it's released.

You know... I love these songs. I really do. But if I went to a Rush concert and these were the songs they played in place of the others that got dropped, I'd demand my money back.

2112 stays.

ok wait a minute.. Cut To The Chase should get added. That song is the best!! I figured they would have played that one by now. yes.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Sep 4 2006, 01:20 AM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Sep 1 2006, 02:08 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 1 2006, 10:05 AM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Sep 1 2006, 12:42 PM)
I love 2112, but it's played out...they need to retire it  like they did Closer to the Heart on the VT and R30 tours.

The Trees should have this done as well. Neil even considers it to be trite these days according to both Contents and Chemistry. And I agree with him.

Definitely other things I'd rather have played.

Do you think all 70s songs should now be dropped mate? If not which ones would you like to see?

Not all 70s songs, just the ones that are played every single tour.

Dream list of songs I'd like to see played (unlikely as it may be):

Middletown Dreams

Circumstances

Double Agent

Time and Motion

Cut to the Chase

Cinderella Man

Jacob's Ladder

Vapor Trail

Something off Presto that hasn't been played live yet, maybe Red Tide or Available Light

Entre Nous

And most importantly:

Most or all of the new album, when it's released.

You know... I love these songs. I really do. But if I went to a Rush concert and these were the songs they played in place of the others that got dropped, I'd demand my money back.

2112 stays.

ok wait a minute.. Cut To The Chase should get added. That song is the best!! I figured they would have played that one by now. yes.gif

Yeah that's a great one...

cool.gif

For wot its worth I think although 2112 is totally brilliant, it is maybe time, if not to drop it all together but keep Grande Finale as a show closer, I mean wot better closer could you have, its made for the job, maybe it could be on the end of a medly or something

Archived