Vivien wearing Rush T-Shirt in The Young Ones

BackStagePass

Just watching a re-run of the anarchic early 80's UK TV series 'The Young Ones'* and Vivien is wearing a 2112 Rush T-Shirt! yes.gif

*The Young Ones is very famous British comedy series about four students who share a house (Link to BBC write up on the Young Ones) - Vivien is the guy on the left with Ginger hair.

I know this will not make any sense to most of the world but it is 02:10 in the morning here and am working a nightshift and it has made my night!

The young rules were a staple backed in the day. Incredibly funny IMO. I hope I am getting this right but Neil was my Hippy? I loved when it when he ripped a bong hit and floated through space but even better when was when his hair fell off! Help me here, Vivian was the punk, Mike was the normal short guy, wasn't there a fourth character?

I can quote almost every line of every episode of that show to this very day. If I had to name a favourite TV show, that would be it. I watched it to death in the 80s. My band recorded an album a month or so ago, and while our singer was in doing his vox, we sat in the band room and watched every single episode straight thru. My stomach was hurting with laughter....Oh the memories!

And yes, Viv did regularly wear a Rush T in that show....

QUOTE (tangdog @ Aug 23 2006, 09:41 PM)
The young rules were a staple backed in the day. Incredibly funny IMO. I hope I am getting this right but Neil was my Hippy? I loved when it when he ripped a bong hit and floated through space but even better when was when his hair fell off! Help me here, Vivian was the punk, Mike was the normal short guy, wasn't there a fourth character?

End of mystery, Rick.

I need to buy the series on DVD.

QUOTE (tangdog @ Aug 23 2006, 09:00 PM)
QUOTE (tangdog @ Aug 23 2006, 09:41 PM)

End of mystery, Rick.

I need to buy the series on DVD.

Rick was undoubtedly the most prominent character, no doubt coz Rik Mayall co-wrote the whole thing...

QUOTE (By-Tor & the Jazz Bass @ Aug 23 2006, 09:07 PM)
I have all of them on video. I loved that show. They had some good bands on there also. Moter Head & another band I think they were called 10 Below Zero.

Pretty sure 10 Below Zero had Stewie Copeland on drums....

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 23 2006, 09:11 PM)
There was also their Russian landlord played by Alexi Sayle...

Who played the entire Balowski family....Jerzi, Billy, Harry the Bastard Balowski etc.....

QUOTE (Roddy @ Aug 23 2006, 09:13 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 23 2006, 09:11 PM)
There was also their Russian landlord played by Alexi Sayle...

Who played the entire Balowski family....Jerzi, Billy, Harry the Bastard Balowski etc.....

Yep..

QUOTE (Roddy @ Aug 23 2006, 09:10 PM)
QUOTE (By-Tor & the Jazz Bass @ Aug 23 2006, 09:07 PM)
I have all of them on video. I loved that show. They had some good bands on there also. Moter Head & another band I think they were called 10 Below Zero.

Pretty sure 10 Below Zero had Stewie Copeland on drums....

Not sure. I'll have to dig that out & see.

The episode with the 2112 T-shirt is where they are all bored and they are watching TV when there is footage of a siege which is actually in their house but they don't know it.

...and the terrorist who is killed in their kitchen by the SAS at close range with a large missile launcher laugh.gif

QUOTE (BackStagePass @ Aug 24 2006, 02:38 AM)
The episode with the 2112 T-shirt is where they are all bored and they are watching TV when there is footage of a siege which is actually in their house but they don't know it.

...and the terrorist who is killed in their kitchen by the SAS at close range with a large missile launcher laugh.gif

Loved it!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I wonder if that's the episode when the punk Vivien said "It's so boring I'd rather be listening to Genesis !" Used this phrase abit myself afterwards.. smile.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Aug 24 2006, 07:44 AM)
QUOTE (BackStagePass @ Aug 24 2006, 02:38 AM)

Loved it!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I wonder if that's the episode when the punk Vivien said "It's so boring I'd rather be listening to Genesis !" Used this phrase abit myself afterwards.. smile.gif

It was actually Rick who said that....

QUOTE (Roddy @ Aug 23 2006, 08:47 PM)
I can quote almost every line of every episode of that show to this very day. If I had to name a favourite TV show, that would be it. I watched it to death in the 80s. My band recorded an album a month or so ago, and while our singer was in doing his vox, we sat in the band room and watched every single episode straight thru. My stomach was hurting with laughter....Oh the memories!

"VIVA ELPRESIDENTE!!!!!!"

QUOTE (wmsb72673 @ Aug 26 2006, 10:22 AM)
QUOTE (Roddy @ Aug 23 2006, 08:47 PM)

"VIVA ELPRESIDENTE!!!!!!"

Yep, now I gotta go down to the cellar and dig up all the oil.....

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 26 2006, 05:18 PM)
QUOTE (kooma @ Aug 25 2006, 01:25 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 23 2006, 08:55 PM)
Yeah those were the days...

653.gif

Really???? z7shysterical.gif

Yep, you haven't seen it I'm guessing?

I have, but I was never a huge fan. I prefer Monty Python z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

Archived