The latest on 'Indy 4'

Jack Aubrey

The real question is do fans really want to watch a 65 year old Indy Jones??? Personally that doesnt sound exciting/interesting. Id rather see a new actor cast in the role of Young Indiana and do a Young Indy movie.

Im interested in other peeps view on a 65 year old Harrison Ford reprising the Indiana Jones role.

QUOTE (bytor11 @ Aug 24 2006, 01:23 AM)
The real question is do fans really want to watch a 65 year old Indy Jones??? Personally that doesnt sound exciting/interesting. Id rather see a new actor cast in the role of Young Indiana and do a Young Indy movie.

Im interested in other peeps view on a 65 year old Harrison Ford reprising the Indiana Jones role.

I'd want to see this. Ford looks good for his age and he doesn't need to be swinging from his whip as much as he did in the earlier Jones films. Plus, if Connery can play his father and be well-liked in the 3rd installment then I'd have no problems with Ford playing an older version of the Indy character. I'd just guess that the timeline in this 4th one would be set in the late 1950's or early 1960's. That's workable.

I liked the young Jones segment in part 3 with River Phoenix but I wouldn't want to see an entire film with a younger actor. Not yet at least. Especially since I think Ford can still do this role.

Also, Indiana Jones part 4 seems like a much better idea (and doable) than Rocky part 6 or Rambo part 4.

I admit I'm a bit hesitant to see a mid 60's Jones. I would have preferred they get their act together a bit earlier.

That said, I'm ok with them giving it a go. In fact, I'm heartened by the fact that they acknowledge that the expectations are now way too high for them to have any decent chance to deliver, yet they're saying,

"Screw it, let's do it anyway, and just have fun with it."

It's almost as if they're doing it as much to have a reunion of their collaboration as to make a movie.

But will it be good? Let's face it. Good movies are hard to come by. For every good movie, anyone of us can name four bad ones, and budget never seems to make much difference here.

So to me, if you're in the film business, all you can do is put your best creative people together and give it a go. Knowing you might fail, but doing everything you can to try to succeed.

I guess what I'm saying is that nobody goes into making a film knowing they have a sure thing. So in the end you just take your best crack at it and hope you can produce the mythical "good movie". I think George, Steve, and Harrison have it in them to make something great, despite Harrison's age obstacle. And I don't fault them for trying.

Schro

P.S. There's a Rush analogy in here somewhere wink.gif

Edited by Schro