Neil Peart drumhead for sale on EBAY!!

klak

I think it's real. Besides the fact that it looks real to my naked eye, there is also a ton of paperwork and COAs and all that other stuff. I would invest in it if I had the money. There's a big IF right there for all of you laugh.gif I barely have 1/10 the starting price right now!

That is the real head. My friend Adam (winner of the PW/MP/ESL kit) has been in contact with the seller and the Hemisphere's kit winner. The winner no longer owns the kit and I guess is a Nashville studio drummer. The Hemisphere's kit (black chrome Slingerlands) was the second prize for the recorded performance contest, First Prize was the red Signals Tama kit and third prize was the chrome Slingerland kit from COS and 2112.

You'll notice that the pictures of the full kit have the GUP heads on them, because the Red Kit had the Power Windows heads as well as the Signals tour heads (Man and Star in red and gold).

Adam has also been in contact with Robert Telleria, author of the mispelled "Merely Players" book, who is refinishing the Red kit for the new owner and has other pictures of the Presto kit (which is alo the HYF kit painted purple). I have pictures of both of those kits, but am forbidden from publishing them.

My friend Adam:

http://home.earthlink.net/~jcdiazjr/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/7-3-04_adam5.jpg

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Nov 15 2004, 05:21 PM)
That is the real head. My friend Adam (winner of the PW/MP/ESL kit) has been in contact with the seller and the Hemisphere's kit winner. The winner no longer owns the kit and I guess is a Nashville studio drummer. The Hemisphere's kit (black chrome Slingerlands) was the second prize for the recorded performance contest, First Prize was the red Signals Tama kit and third prize was the chrome Slingerland kit from COS and 2112.
You'll notice that the pictures of the full kit have the GUP heads on them, because the Red Kit had the Power Windows heads as well as the Signals tour heads (Man and Star in red and gold).
Adam has also been in contact with Robert Telleria, author of the mispelled "Merely Players" book, who is refinishing the Red kit for the new owner and has other pictures of the Presto kit (which is alo the HYF kit painted purple). I have pictures of both of those kits, but am forbidden from publishing them.

My friend Adam:
http://home.earthlink.net/~jcdiazjr/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/7-3-04_adam5.jpg

All I have to say is Adam is one lucky son of a bi*ch.

Luck had little to do with it!

He won an essay contest. His essay reached Neil in a way the others didn't.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Nov 15 2004, 05:35 PM)

I think that would be the hardest thing to do ever...to try and get through to him....in words tho...he is well written writer and he's knows what to look for!

QUOTE (yyz @ Nov 15 2004, 05:09 PM)

My friend Adam:

OMG drool1.gif

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Nov 15 2004, 07:35 PM)

He's lucky to be so talented.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Nov 21 2004, 02:40 PM)
You can find a good graphics shop to make one for you for around $50.00 plus the cost of the head. I'm a collector junkie but, $3300.01 is a lot of money for something like this. wacko.gif

Exactly.

QUOTE (yyz @ Nov 21 2004, 02:25 PM)
You can find a good graphics shop to make one for you for around $50.00 plus the cost of the head. I'm a collector junkie but, $3300.01 is a lot of money for something like this. wacko.gif

Exactly.

You can also buy preprinted Beatles autographs, a fake Rolex, a Ludwig Bonham tribute set, a reprint Bobby Orr rookie card etc. etc., but they are not the real thing. Collectors want the real thing and are willing to pay for it. That is what drives Ebay, Sothebeys and all the other auction houses. Whether it was too much money is a personal opinion, but to say you can reproduce the head for $50 is irrelevant. Greg

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Nov 23 2004, 04:50 PM)
QUOTE (yyz @ Nov 21 2004, 02:25 PM)

Exactly.

You can also buy preprinted Beatles autographs, a fake Rolex, a Ludwig Bonham tribute set, a reprint Bobby Orr rookie card etc. etc., but they are not the real thing. Collectors want the real thing and are willing to pay for it. That is what drives Ebay, Sothebeys and all the other auction houses. Whether it was too much money is a personal opinion, but to say you can reproduce the head for $50 is irrelevant. Greg

Yeah I'm gonna have to agree. Anyone can make the fakes, having the real thing is something to be proud of. That's what makes them so amazing. Although that's way too much money in my opinion to spend on a drumhead. fing.gif

Don't forget, the 13" brass timbale was also included in the deal. Still don't think it's worth three grand.

Ah, the magic of eBay and the "must have it" mentality.

QUOTE (yyz @ Nov 15 2004, 04:09 PM)

My friend Adam:

yes.gif