Led Zeppelin

D-13

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Dec 18 2006, 10:22 AM)
Don't laugh at me here ok? I always wondered what "Four Sticks" meant. Is John Bonham using four sticks to play the drums on this song? unsure.gif

Great tune 1022.gif I don't know what Zeppelin's meaning of it is, but I have a my own personal feelings about the song tongue.gif biggrin.gif wub.gif

Edited by troutman

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm finally in my first band, and low and behold, its a led zeppelin tribute band!!

the place where i take guitar lessons put a bunch of bands together and i'm playing guitar in one of them!

the other bands are doing the beatles and pink floyd, but the one i'm in is doing all zeppelin tunes!!

we are called "Hammer of The Gods" and our first gig will be in a few months!! i can't wait!!

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Dec 18 2006, 02:22 PM)
Don't laugh at me here ok? I always wondered what "Four Sticks" meant. Is John Bonham using four sticks to play the drums on this song? unsure.gif

You got it.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Dec 18 2006, 10:59 PM)

You got it.

ohmy.gif Really?!

I think he did when they recorded it, but cut it down to two live...

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d81/ladymadrigal/Laughing.jpg

Wish I knew what was so funny...

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d81/ladymadrigal/JP_Pontiac_Silverdome_30_apr_1977-0.jpg

*Hic* Excuse me... blush4.gif

Being a Rush fan, I suppose I'm about to make a statement that my friends and family can't believe I say...so I'll say it here and let everyone know!!!

In my humble opinion, I think pound for pound that Kashmir is the best song ever written and recorded by any band, at any time, anywhere...

Thanks for listening!!!

2.gif Still it!

QUOTE (JDL2112 @ Dec 22 2006, 11:15 AM)
In my humble opinion, I think pound for pound that Kashmir is the best song ever written and recorded by any band, at any time, anywhere...

Thanks for listening!!!

2.gif Still it!

I think it's about as well a written song as you'll find anywhere. But then again, most Zep, Beatles and Who songs fall into that category as well.

QUOTE (The Rocinante @ Dec 23 2006, 08:44 PM)
QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Dec 23 2006, 06:27 PM)
Note: The longest song Led Zeppelin ever recorded was "Dazed And Confused (Live)" at 26:53. That was an amazing time then. unsure.gif

ohmy.gif wow

Ya it's from their "The Song Remains The Same" live album soundtrack and live dvd. Check it out sometime if you haven't. It's a pretty good album and you know I don't like a lot of live stuff. unsure.gif

QUOTE (The Rocinante @ Dec 22 2006, 06:22 PM)
Achilles' Last Stand and In the Light IMO are their best songs

I also think "Achilles Last Stand" is their best.

I'm also a big fan of "In the Evening." (What's "In the Light"? I have all the albums, but I'm not familiar with that one.)

QUOTE (The O' Sullivan Factor @ Dec 25 2006, 12:50 PM)
In the light is the first song on disc two of the Physical Graffiti album

Edit: and I agree Achilles Last Stand is their best

Thanks. I had a feeling the answer was going to be PG.

I recently bought the entire LZ catalog at once, and I haven't had time to give all of the albums their due attention. Based on this recommendation, though, I'll have to give "In the Light" a few spins ASAP.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Dec 22 2006, 10:18 AM)
QUOTE (JDL2112 @ Dec 22 2006, 11:15 AM)

Thanks for listening!!!

2.gif Still it!

I think it's about as well a written song as you'll find anywhere. But then again, most Zep, Beatles and Who songs fall into that category as well.

you are so right...they really made a great deal of songs that would fall into that class!!!

2.gif The one...the only.... 2.gif