Neils 8" Splash

Test4Eco23

Thanks for your unput Launchpad but i have the 906 and it doesn't come apart like you would think. I have it placed over my 14" x-hat with the hi-hat rod being the male end and the 906 the female. What I need is just the black top so I can use the drum key to tighten it to the x-hat rod, but the black part doesn't come off like you would think it does.

I know it is hard to visualize, but it is extremely hard to explain.

Thanks alot for everyone's input, I am glad to read that i am not the only one with this question

QUOTE (Test4Eco23 @ Nov 21 2004, 12:50 AM)
Thanks for your unput Launchpad but i have the 906 and it doesn't come apart like you would think. I have it placed over my 14" x-hat with the hi-hat rod being the male end and the 906 the female.  What I need is just the black top so I can use the drum key to tighten it to the x-hat rod, but the black part doesn't come off like you would think it does.

I know it is hard to visualize, but it is extremely hard to explain.

Thanks alot for everyone's input, I am glad to read that i am not the only one with this question

I'm sure you have thought of this but, have you e-mailed DW to see what they say? They should have tech advice somewhere. I'm just curious what they say. I wonder if the male piece in the black part is "pressed in" or "screwed in" If you know what I mean.

Edited by Drumnut

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Nov 21 2004, 10:04 PM)
http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/40/400085.jpg
DW SP-420 Cymbal Seat W/Drum Key Screw
Product (#400085)
$4.20
Found this @ Musicians Friend

I could not find this one part listed at DW's web-site anywhere. When you click on the link, then click "return to product detail" and order there.

Maybe too late for this but the piece I got from Music123, part #dr835sp, has 2 drum key set screws. One is for the male pc that screws in to the black body and is used to hold it in place, the other set screw tightens against the x hat rod. see pic'>xhat

I couldn't find the exact part number (dr835sp) from Music 123, or Musicians Friend

When did you get the part, and do you mount a splash over your x-hat with it?

I sure couldn't find the part you have laid out in your picture, but that is what i want

Thanks wink.gif

Here's Sabian's answer to this old question:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Drumnut/Stacker.jpg

Get a new Paragon Splash cymbal without the cost of another stand!

Sale Price: $94.99

10" Neil Peart Paragon Splash with a double-hinged cymbal stacker is the perfect add-on to your setup.

Sabian Neil Peart Paragon Splash 'n' Stacker Cymbal Pack Features:

• 10" Neil Peart Paragon Splash
  • Double-hinged cymbal stacker

The Neil Peart Paragon Splash 'n' Stacker Cymbal Pack will bring your kit to a whole new level!

www.musiciansfriend.com

The correct answer is as follows...

Neil's 8" splash is actually mounted on a DW 4" Cymbal Stacker (DW SM904) which lists for $20 and goes for about $10.

The trick to getting this to work is threading the top of the remote hi-hat rod with a metric threading kit (about $30) available at just about any hardware store. You must thread the rod coming out of the hi hat clutch with an 8mm X 1.25 insert for the cymbal stacker to screw down perfectly on top of the remote hi-hat rod that you just threaded. It takes some muscle to thread through the chromed rod, but with a little tenacity...you'll be very happy with the final results!!!

I saw Lorne Wheaton placing and turning the 8" splash on the remote hi-hat with his hands while setting up Neil's drumset at the Las Vegas drum clinic. Although I got to ask him about 10 questions that night, I didn't ask him if he personally threaded the hi-hat rod, because I saw him turn the 4" cymbal stacker on the remote hi-hat rod with my own eyes...and I had other important questions that took priority.

I have done exactly this on my NP replica kits, and it works perfectly...plus knowing that I have the exact same splash mount over my remote hi-hat as Neil does makes me very happy!

Good luck!

biggrin.gif