SPOILER ALERT! Superman secrets!

Holdyourfireal

Let me address some problems people are having with the movie...

Spoilers below!!!!

1. The kid having asthma: I believe he never had asthma. Lois obviously

developed that as a cover. She told the kid to pretend & never let

anyone know about his powers.

2. The kid's invulnerability to Kryptonite: This symbolizes that Superman

is not all powerful, but the combination of human & Kryptonian is

much stronger than their separate parts. The same could be said

for Lois & Ka-El.

3. The whole kid thing: This is a natural extension of events in Superman

II. I know as a kid, I always wondered about what happenned at the

Fortress of Solitude between Lois & Clark. He used that ridiculous

"amnesia kiss" to wipe away Lois' memory. What about if she got

pregnant? Well, guess what? She did! Now Supes realizes what he did

was very wrong. He tampered with her mind & now he's paying the

consequences.

4. Superman leaving for 5 years to go to Krypton: He went searching for

evidence of survivors. He didn't find any. He returns to the world that

has embraced him as one of their own. He loves them, but still feels

alone in the universe. With the revelation of the kid, Supes realizes

he is no longer alone. There is someone just like him & created by

the combined love of humanity for him & he for humanity.

5. Lex's Real Estate plan: You can't build anything on the crystals! No?

Seems to me there was a whole civilization built on a crystal planet.

It was called Krypton!

6. Supes would kill Lois while having sex: What? Why? His every action

isn't constantly "super". He seems to have quite a bit of control

over his bodily functions!

Anything else? Personally, I think I LOVE the movie because it pays homage to the 70s movies. It doesn't try to be radically different. If you grew up with those movies, you feel you got an old friend back after a loooonnnnggg time. If the old movies never touched you, I don't know how you'll feel. Bryan Singer ROCKS!

Al

Here's the whole problem with the kid in general. First off... I hate the fact that they have the gall to mess with comic continuity THAT much. There is NO child of Kal's ANYWHERE. So adding this to the movie mythos is just plain wrong. But since they have...

He made love to Lois in the fortress AFTER he got rid of his power. HOW did he get rid of his powers? He had his Kryptonian DNA erased. So... the child of powerless Clark and Lois should be human... PERIOD. Not some hybrid Kryptonian/Human, but just plain old HUMAN. So this child having powers... LUCICROUS.

Yeah... i take my comic characters Waaaaaaaay too seriously. laugh.gif

angry.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 3 2006, 05:18 PM)
Here's the whole problem with the kid in general. First off... I hate the fact that they have the gall to mess with comic continuity THAT much. There is NO child of Kal's ANYWHERE. So adding this to the movie mythos is just plain wrong. But since they have...

He made love to Lois in the fortress AFTER he got rid of his power. HOW did he get rid of his powers? He had his Kryptonian DNA erased. So... the child of powerless Clark and Lois should be human... PERIOD. Not some hybrid Kryptonian/Human, but just plain old HUMAN. So this child having powers... LUCICROUS.

Yeah... i take my comic characters Waaaaaaaay too seriously. laugh.gif

angry.gif

Yeah, you do, but that's OK. I do as well. I just have always preferred the Superman mythology on TV & in the movies as oppossed to the comics, so it doesn't bother me. If they screw up Captain America continuity in the forthcoming movie, I will probably be pissed!

Al

Also, Lois has a strange view or what "a long time" is. "You were gone for a long time. I moved on." If she was pregnant with Supes' kid, then she really didn't wait too long to move on if "Cyclops" thinks that he is his kid. The only other explanation would be if he knew, but why would they have the scene where he asks about the "I spent the night with superman" article? Besides that logistics problem, I liked the movie. I liked the homage they payed to the Christopher Reeve movies. Obviously Routh studied Reeve's speech patterns in the older movies. Reeve did Clark better, but I thought Routh was good.

consequences.

It wasn't the kiss that wiped her memory its was hypnosis I believe he uses it in the comics to help keep his Secret. I maybe wrong on this one I am not as versed in Superman Myth as I am with Batman. biggrin.gif

I saw on "Entertainment Tonight" that a movie about George Reeves (the first to play Superman) is being filmed. Ben Affleck is playing the part of George Reeves.

QUOTE (Batman @ Jul 4 2006, 07:51 AM)
consequences.

It wasn't the kiss that wiped her memory its was hypnosis I believe he uses it in the comics to help keep his Secret. I maybe wrong on this one I am not as versed in Superman Myth as I am with Batman. biggrin.gif

Yes. Part of his powers are latent psionic ability. They've used this scenario to explain why people never just look at him as Clark and figure it out. He projects some kind of hypnotic effect on people without even being aware he's doing it. The clone, Superboy, was more adept at using these psionic parts of his powers. Superman has never spent enough time training himself at this, even with the Martian Manhunter's encouragement.

The whole kid plot bothered me. I didnt care for it and as it was pointed out the timeline doesnt work either.

I never heard of the latent psionic ability of Supes before.

Otherwise I agree that the movie was brilliant. The homage to the earlier films and even more so the homage to Action Comics #1 was a fantastic touch.

Since Parker Posey's character dumped the crystals out of the chopper, doesnt that mean Kal-el doenst have access to all the kryptonian knowledge now?