If I never hear this RUSH song again...

Presto-digitation

Sorry "In the Mood" fans, but.. I can't stand it. My mom listens to AC/DC constantly (though I do like them; they're all right anyways) and every time I hear "In the Mood" all I think is "BAD AC/DC REMAKE." It's terrible, I know, but... It's too ridiculous. I'M SORRY.

And the local rock station plays "Tom Sawyer" and no other Rush songs. (Okay, that's a lie. I've heard "Closer to the Heart" and "Limelight" each played once.) I love that song to death, it's so cool, but it's overplayed. I'd probably die and go to heaven if I heard a song like "The Analog Kid", "Far Cry", or "Subdivisions" even once on the radio!!

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Nov 6 2010, 03:49 PM)
Now two people have mentioned Red Barchetta.

Really? Who could ever be sick of that song? Is this an attempt to play a joke on a specific poster or are those that posted this serious? wtf.gif

it was an awesome song when I was 13

as I've matured, the song has not

it's the middle school lyrics that hold Red Barchetta back the most for me

I do not think I have ever heard Red Barchetta played in the local classic rock station.

And the first time I heard Working Man being played on it, I was able to tell it was from Rush. I have pretty much identified all the Rush songs they have played. Besides Tom Sawyer and Working Man, they have mainly played Freewill, Limelight, Closer to the Heart, and The Spirit of Radio.

While there are a few Rush songs that do nothing for me, I cannot say I truly dislike any so far.

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Nov 9 2010, 06:58 PM)
it was an awesome song when I was 13

as I've matured, the song has not

it's the middle school lyrics that hold Red Barchetta back the most for me

A valid point. =/ I really enjoy Red Barchetta simply because of the freedom it conveys.. And I must admit I really like some of the imagery used in the writing. It's really quite creative, if not a little "middle school" as ghostworks put it.

And I envy you people that hear all those songs on the radio. I've checked every station; only a couple play Rush songs at all.

I have only heard Rush in my city's classic rock station.

Unless you count the classic rock station where I heard Limelight while traveling last weekend in two other states not in the region.

I have read that Caravan has been getting radio play. Where? None of the top 40 stations around here have played it. Or Rush.

I do not even recall Rush being mentioned when I was growing up. OK, so I was a late bloomer and I moved here as a teenager, but still.