Aqua Teen Hunger Force

kazzman

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Nov 1 2004, 05:13 PM)
Ok, fill me in, please. I've heard of this ATHF, but wtf is it?

It's a show about three human-sized food products and their adventures (which is a weird way of putting it since they don't usually go anywhere).

From Hunger Force. Net :

The true beauty of the show is that it promotes horrible ideas, makes extremely little sense, and allows its viewers to fight crime with a talking milkshake, french fries, and a meatball.

The show takes place in a lower class part of the Jersey Shore, USA in a dilapidated ranch owned by three detectives, Frylock (the fries), Master Shake (the shake), and Meatwad (you guessed it, the meatball). The program, however, NEVER shows the characters doing ANYTHING productive. It pretty much follows their dysfunctional home life, but the episodes have no real rules. Only in the first two episodes do they even attempt to fight crime.

The name of the show follows the suit of not making any sense:

Aqua: no meaning

Teen: no meaning

Hunger: they are food items

Force: no meaning

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Nov 1 2004, 05:13 PM)
Also got the fist 2 on DVD laugh.gif

"Back in their day they wore pantalooms."

"you get shot wearin' that in my hood."

I've got 'em, too. Volume 3 streets on the 16th of this month!

http://www.hungerforce.net/main/img/dvdv3.jpg

http://www.lazyass3k.com/athf/mycaps/carl.jpg

FRIGGIN' SWEET!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Nov 1 2004, 03:43 PM)
QUOTE (Rivendell @ Nov 1 2004, 05:13 PM)
Also got the fist 2 on DVD  laugh.gif

"Back in their day they wore pantalooms."

"you get shot wearin' that in my hood."

I've got 'em, too. Volume 3 streets on the 16th of this month!

http://www.hungerforce.net/main/img/dvdv3.jpg

http://www.lazyass3k.com/athf/mycaps/carl.jpg

FRIGGIN' SWEET!

Can't wait!

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 3 2004, 08:10 PM)
I've never seen the show but according to the Power Windows site there is a Rush reference in one of the episodes...u guys aware of this?

Its actually the whole reason why I started watching the show. After the first episode I saw, I was hooked.

This show cracks me up to no end. See the one on Sunday called RoboSitter?

Carl was watching an exercise video with his sweatpants around his ankles...and Frylock and Shake came in and brought him lunch from their new job liquifying meats...and Carl goes, "Yeah, uh, why don't you set that down over there...IN THE TRASH!". Carl cracks me up...I wish they would give him his own show.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 30 2004, 04:25 PM)
I need to start watching this. What day, time and channel?

It's part of Adult Swim on the Cartoon Channel. I believe it comes on later in the evening....Sunday it was on at midnight. I don't catch the show on TV too much, I just rehash the first 3 seasons on DVD over and over.

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Nov 30 2004, 06:27 PM)

It's part of Adult Swim on the Cartoon Channel. I believe it comes on later in the evening....Sunday it was on at midnight. I don't catch the show on TV too much, I just rehash the first 3 seasons on DVD over and over.

Did you use any of the answering machine messages on the DVD? I've got Master Shake (the ''they don't like you'' message) on my home phone and Carl (the one about how "the person you are calling can't come to the phone because they are at the doctor gettin' VD looked at'') on my cell.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Nov 30 2004, 04:40 PM)
QUOTE (Rivendell @ Nov 30 2004, 06:27 PM)

Did you use any of the answering machine messages on the DVD? I've got Master Shake (the ''they don't like you'' message) on my home phone and Carl (the one about how "the person you are calling can't come to the phone because they are at the doctor gettin' VD looked at'') on my cell.

Bro, I got "Yeah, this is Carl. Leave me a message, or uh, leave me alone ... I don't care. Unless this is mom...in that case, happy mothers day!"

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Dec 2 2004, 03:59 PM)
Jack, any way to post a .swf file? I have a killer Carl Soundboard.

I don't know, man. Maybe you should ask someone like RR or Barney.

I have a bit of disappointing news: Hungerforce.net is reporting that there won't be any new episodes til December. sad.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif