Robin Williams wants to play Joker

Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (Batman @ Apr 12 2006, 12:19 PM)
I think he could pull it off they would have to keep his ad-libs in check,But he did very well in other non comic roles.

Well, if the main man likes him then he should be in.

smile.gif

Robin Williams to me is one of those rare comic actors who are brilliant dramatic actors, in fact so good as a dramatic actor that I think it's a waste every time he does a comic roll. I feel the same about Jim Carrey who need to keep making movies like The Truman Show, Man on the Moon, The Majestic and Eternal Sunshine instead of movies like Bruce Almighty and Lemony Snickety. Mind you, Bruce Almighty was fun, but he's too good an actor for those kinds of movies. It would be like Russel Crowe doing Scary Movie 5 or Tom Cruise in yet another Mission Impossible movie. sarcasm.gif

Robin Williams hasn't been in a really GREAT movie as a dramatic actor in a few years. For example, I've seen ads recently for a Robin Williams movie called R.V. which looks unbelievably stupid, like on the level of Flubber. He's too good an actor to be wasting his talent on crap like this.

So, Robin Williams as The Joker? I dunno - I guess it didn't hurt Jack Nicholson at all, and doubtlessly this would be done a lot better, but I'd still much rather see him do another Good Will Hunting, Good Morning Vietnam, Dead Poet's Society or What Dreams May Come. I guess those kinds of roles just don't come along all the time...

I'm telling you right now, he won't get the part, no matter how hard he tries. Everything I keep hearing and reading about regarding the Joker is that WB (and presumably Chris Nolan too) are eyeing both Paul Bettany and Lachey Hulme for the role. Hulme is the front runner, although unlike Liev Schriber (who WB wants to play Harvey Dent/Two-Face), it's not a "he has it if he says he wants it" deal.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 12 2006, 08:21 AM)
Robin Williams to me is one of those rare comic actors who are brilliant dramatic actors, in fact so good as a dramatic actor that I think it's a waste every time he does a comic roll. I feel the same about Jim Carrey who need to keep making movies like The Truman Show, Man on the Moon, The Majestic and Eternal Sunshine instead of movies like Bruce Almighty and Lemony Snickety. Mind you, Bruce Almighty was fun, but he's too good an actor for those kinds of movies. It would be like Russel Crowe doing Scary Movie 5 or Tom Cruise in yet another Mission Impossible movie. sarcasm.gif

Robin Williams hasn't been in a really GREAT movie as a dramatic actor in a few years. For example, I've seen ads recently for a Robin Williams movie called R.V. which looks unbelievably stupid, like on the level of Flubber. He's too good an actor to be wasting his talent on crap like this.

So, Robin Williams as The Joker? I dunno - I guess it didn't hurt Jack Nicholson at all, and doubtlessly this would be done a lot better, but I'd still much rather see him do another Good Will Hunting, Good Morning Vietnam, Dead Poet's Society or What Dreams May Come. I guess those kinds of roles just don't come along all the time...

I really liked Lemony Snickett! waffen093.gif

I agree that Jim's talent is wasted on his recent comic roles. He is a brilliant comic performer, but we've seen him in plenty of those roles. He is a great actor and he should try more serious parts. Robin too (His performance in Good Will Hunting is one of my favourites.)

QUOTE (Signals1982 @ Apr 12 2006, 05:04 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 12 2006, 08:21 AM)
Robin Williams to me is one of those rare comic actors who are brilliant dramatic actors, in fact so good as a dramatic actor that I think it's a waste every time he does a comic roll.  I feel the same about Jim Carrey who need to keep making movies like The Truman Show, Man on the Moon, The Majestic and Eternal Sunshine instead of movies like Bruce Almighty and Lemony Snickety.  Mind you, Bruce Almighty was fun, but he's too good an actor for those kinds of movies.  It would be like Russel Crowe doing Scary Movie 5 or Tom Cruise in yet another Mission Impossible movie. sarcasm.gif

Robin Williams hasn't been in a really GREAT movie as a dramatic actor in a few years.  For example, I've seen ads recently for a Robin Williams movie called R.V. which looks unbelievably stupid, like on the level of Flubber.  He's too good an actor to be wasting his talent on crap like this. 

So, Robin Williams as The Joker?  I dunno - I guess it didn't hurt Jack Nicholson at all, and doubtlessly this would be done a lot better, but I'd still much rather see him do another Good Will Hunting, Good Morning Vietnam, Dead Poet's Society or What Dreams May Come.  I guess those kinds of roles just don't come along all the time...

I really liked Lemony Snickett! waffen093.gif

I agree that Jim's talent is wasted on his recent comic roles. He is a brilliant comic performer, but we've seen him in plenty of those roles. He is a great actor and he should try more serious parts. Robin too (His performance in Good Will Hunting is one of my favourites.)

honestly, i didn't even see lemony snicket, so i'm not putting it down specifically, just making a point.