Up for Bids at RushCon

Sodoff Baldrick

Just got word that the RC folks liked my auction proposal. So, if you're coming to RushCon, you'll have the opportunity to bid on a bit of immortality.

Winning bidder will receive:

Signed copies of five of my books, plus the opportunity to have a character in my next book based on you!

This summer I'll be writing the sequel to the mystery Pithed, to be called Collared. I've decided to base a supporting character on the winner of the auction. I will provide a character guide for the winning bidder to fill out, and I will create the character based on the information.

Only caveats:

The character will neither be the murder victim, nor the murderer.

The character will not have the actual person's name (I'll accept input on name suggestions, but there will be no Heywood Jablomes or Seymour Coxes in the book, sorry.)

The character will not be portrayed doing anything deemed sexually explicit.

The character will own a dog, as that will contribute to the introduction of character. Winning bidder can offer some input there.

There may be other legal considerations, but that's the gist of it so far.

As for any Rush connection, I sketched out one scene where Andy (the sleuth) makes much of a Starman t-shirt or poster belonging to the character, thinking obviously it's a sign of the devil. Still fleshing it out.

That Rocks Soddy! Totally cool, could you somehow work a forum like ours into your next book and use some psuedonyms for some of us????

I'd buy copies for everyone I know, for gifts! laugh.gif

QUOTE (sundog @ Apr 8 2006, 09:07 PM)
That Rocks Soddy! Totally cool, could you somehow work a forum like ours into your next book and use some psuedonyms for some of us????

Believe it or not, I had an idea once for a mystery centered around a message board. Never persued it, though. Maybe one day.

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Apr 9 2006, 03:35 PM)
QUOTE (Signals1982 @ Apr 4 2006, 03:50 PM)
Awesome! Even if I don't win can I have a cameo? It's ok if I get killed off in the first scene laugh.gif

You can be in my next romance novel. tongue.gif

cool.gif

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Apr 9 2006, 01:36 PM)
QUOTE (sundog @ Apr 8 2006, 09:07 PM)
That Rocks Soddy!  Totally cool, could you somehow work a forum like ours into your next book and use some psuedonyms for some of us????

Believe it or not, I had an idea once for a mystery centered around a message board. Never persued it, though. Maybe one day.

ph34r.gif

Archived