'Spider-Man 3' official plot?

Jack Aubrey

From Dark Horizons:

With his secret now revealed to both Mary Jane and Harry, Peter must face the consequences of his actions and his new life together with Mary Jane as they finally form a relationship. Yet their newfound open display of love has yielded some unfortunate results, not the least of which is Peter's upset boss determined to make his life hell for causing his son emotional distress. Not helping is a young investigative reporter named Eddie Brock who Jameson has hired to find out why Mary Jane dumped his son for Peter - what's Parker's secrets?

At the same time an escaped prisoner hiding out on a remote beach is caught in a dreadful accident and finds himself turned into a shape-shifting sand creature. Peter's investigations into the past of this 'Sandman' brings him in contact with two very different things that will inevitably alter his life. The first a young woman named Gwen Stacy, daughter of the city's new police chief who is developing a soft spot for Peter. The other, a black substance from an accident scene which 'merges' with Peter's costume and gives him new found abilities.

Things come to a head however when Harry Osborn, determined to take revenge against Peter for his father's death and now equipped with what he needs to pull it off, teams with The Sandman in a new variation of his father's Green Goblin guise and causes mayhem. In the ensuing chaos lives are lost, including people very close to Peter, whilst the black substance covering his suit separates from him and merges with a distraught Brock to form something else entirely - a creature unlike anything he's ever faced. A 'Venom' that he may not be able to stop.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Apr 3 2006, 05:29 AM)
QUOTE (thestand @ Apr 2 2006, 01:59 PM)
So it's-

Sandman
Venom
Hobgoblin?

yes.gif

Actually I guess it'd be Green Goblin 2. Hobgoblin was an entirely diffferent character.

This plot sounds a bit much for regular movie-goers that really aren't into the Spidey mythos. But, I'll still watch it.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 3 2006, 08:22 AM)
So it's-

Sandman
Venom
Hobgoblin?

yes.gif

Actually I guess it'd be Green Goblin 2. Hobgoblin was an entirely diffferent character.

This plot sounds a bit much for regular movie-goers that really aren't into the Spidey mythos. But, I'll still watch it.

From www.moviespoilers.net/spiderman3.html

Harry Osbourne will become the Hob-Goblin in Spiderman 3. (Not the second Green-Goblin as in the comics.)

QUOTE (kazzman @ Apr 4 2006, 07:55 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 3 2006, 08:22 AM)
So it's-

Sandman
Venom
Hobgoblin?

yes.gif

From www.moviespoilers.net/spiderman3.html

Harry Osbourne will become the Hob-Goblin in Spiderman 3. (Not the second Green-Goblin as in the comics.)

Ok. But I wonder why they decided to use Hobgoblin instead of Green Goblin 2 confused13.gif . What else are they going to change in relation to the comics?

So it looks like they're thinking of having at LEAST a Spiderman 4 (based on the introduction of Venom in this upcoming flick).

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Apr 2 2006, 11:13 AM)
From Dark Horizons:

With his secret now revealed to both Mary Jane and Harry, Peter must face the consequences of his actions and his new life together with Mary Jane as they finally form a relationship. Yet their newfound open display of love has yielded some unfortunate results, not the least of which is Peter's upset boss determined to make his life hell for causing his son emotional distress. Not helping is a young investigative reporter named Eddie Brock who Jameson has hired to find out why Mary Jane dumped his son for Peter - what's Parker's secrets?

At the same time an escaped prisoner hiding out on a remote beach is caught in a dreadful accident and finds himself turned into a shape-shifting sand creature. Peter's investigations into the past of this 'Sandman' brings him in contact with two very different things that will inevitably alter his life. The first a young woman named Gwen Stacy, daughter of the city's new police chief who is developing a soft spot for Peter. The other, a black substance from an accident scene which 'merges' with Peter's costume and gives him new found abilities.

Things come to a head however when Harry Osborn, determined to take revenge against Peter for his father's death and now equipped with what he needs to pull it off, teams with The Sandman in a new variation of his father's Green Goblin guise and causes mayhem. In the ensuing chaos lives are lost, including people very close to Peter, whilst the black substance covering his suit separates from him and merges with a distraught Brock to form something else entirely - a creature unlike anything he's ever faced. A 'Venom' that he may not be able to stop.

what about professor connors , i thought for sure his presence in the last movie would lead to an apearance of the lizard ?

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 7 2006, 10:09 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Apr 2 2006, 11:13 AM)
From Dark Horizons:

what about professor connors , i thought for sure his presence in the last movie would lead to an apearance of the lizard ?

I thought so too. Connors was even briefly mentioned in Spiderman 1.

I think they're saving Lizard for a future film if they do make them. But this one is Kirsten Dunt's last in the series, and quite possibly Toby Maguire's as well, so they'd have to re-cast Spidey and MJ. Well, at least we know this will be Gwen Stacey's only apparence.

Text whitened to avoid spoilers for those who don't know the Spidey mythos.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Apr 7 2006, 10:21 PM)
I think they're saving Lizard for a future film if they do make them. But this one is Kirsten Dunt's last in the series, and quite possibly Toby Maguire's as well, so they'd have to re-cast Spidey and MJ. Well, at least we know this will be Gwen Stacey's only apparence.

But that's assuming they'll do what they did in the comics.

all i know is , i loved spiderman growing up and these movies have not been good they have been great .

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 7 2006, 08:30 AM)

In the ensuing chaos lives are lost, including people very close to Peter,

Looks like it to me...

Think about it though, this character's death was one of the more pivotal roles in the Spider-Man mythology. Although I believe they should have done this in the first one, why else would they introduce the character?

Edited by kazzman

QUOTE (kazzman @ Apr 7 2006, 10:41 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 7 2006, 08:30 AM)

In the ensuing chaos lives are lost, including people very close to Peter,

Looks like it to me...

Think about it though, this character's death was one of the more pivotal roles in the Spider-Man mythology. Although I believe they should have done this in the first one, why else would they introduce the character?

***SOME POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW***

I know what you mean. Actually I thought they were going to kill off MJ in SM1 when GG and Spidey were fighting on the bridge (since that's how GS bit the bullet in the comics). If GS dies in SM3 it almost doesn't seem right since she'd JUST be introduced THEN is killed. But I definitely see your point.

That quote above could also be interpreted as Harry, MJ, or even Aunt May dying since at this point in the movies those are the only ones that are 'close' to him