Are the 'Boys back?

Weakly Criminal

Now that the 'Boys have acquired the best receiver in the game with little national fanfare I think it may be time to review their chances in the coming season.

As a life long Cowboys fan I find a bit of reason for hope in the coming season for the first time in ten years. My reasons for hope:

1. A young and talented backfield that have shown good ability if they can stay healthy. Parcells would love nothing more than for both backs to be healthy and productive.

2. A receiving corp that now must rank among the best in the league. Two deep threats that will leave defensive coordinators wondering who to double, a pro- bowl TE, and good catching RB's.

3. A young, talented and deep DL that should be ready to assert itself after a year of experience. Also, the D overall should be acclimated to the 3-4 this year and know the intricacies, strengths and weaknesses of the system. Pressure on the QB is a huge factor.

4. The O-line. This is the hinge upon which the 'Boys chances turn. On the plus side, this should be a second year for the same basic unit to become cohesive, the down side is question marks about health and the progression of young picks. If the O-line can keep our veteran QB upright most of the time, and bust even modest holes for our young runners, I like our chances.

In today's NFL, it's a short step from mediocre to dominant. Is it wishful thinking that the 'Boys might be ready for that step?

Discuss

Absolutely! Don't forget the fact that they have Bill Parcells coaching, an old-school, tough-as-nails, my-way-or-the-highway type who can hopefully keep TO in line. Keeping TO in line is as big a key as the O-Line, IMHO. He really did a number on a very good Eagles team.

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Apr 1 2006, 10:19 PM)
I smell trouble in the big D yes.gif

Keep sniffing SOR. You may just get a snootful of truth. tongue.gif

I fear you're right about the trouble, but hopefully it'll be a couple years off.

Archived