Culpepper traded to Miami

Test4VitalSigns

I think he will do well in Miami. I am glad he is out of Minnesota away from all the drama. I actually like both teams and hope it is a new start for the Vikings and the right mix for the Fins.

And liquidcrystalcompass, no offense intended, but are you a world class athlete with the best available surgeons?

Woohooo common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

At last the Dolphins have a decent QB, if he can get his confidence back he's gonna be awesome, especially with that running game to back him up biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Mar 15 2006, 03:25 AM)
I think he will do well in Miami. I am glad he is out of Minnesota away from all the drama. I actually like both teams and hope it is a new start for the Vikings and the right mix for the Fins.

And liquidcrystalcompass, no offense intended, but are you a world class athlete with the best available surgeons?

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Mar 15 2006, 04:43 AM)

goodpost.gif

Of course not but the PCL tear is an injury that ends careers. Terrel Davis tore his and was never the same. Google posterior cruciate ligament and read. Doctors disagree as how to perform the surgeries. There just isn't a sure method of reconstructing it with 100% results.

Mark my words he will NEVER be the same.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Mar 16 2006, 07:54 PM)

goodpost.gif

Of course not but the PCL tear is an injury that ends careers. Terrel Davis tore his and was never the same. Google posterior cruciate ligament and read. Doctors disagree as how to perform the surgeries. There just isn't a sure method of reconstructing it with 100% results.

Well I suspect that medical science has maybe moved on since Terrel Davis' injury?

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...ts/14108586.htm

Anyhoo it's not his running game I'm interested in it's his arm tongue.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Mar 16 2006, 07:50 PM)

goodpost.gif

Well I suspect that medical science has maybe moved on since Terrel Davis' injury?

That's what I was gonna say...I'm in the wait and see what happens camp when it comes to Duante but comparing Davis and Culpepper is not a good analogy....Maybe Culpepper won't be scrambling like the old Culpepper but he can still throw and he can still lead...Davis's whole game is affected because of his position as a running back...totally different scenario....

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 17 2006, 12:55 AM)

goodpost.gif

That's what I was gonna say...I'm in the wait and see what happens camp when it comes to Duante but comparing Davis and Culpepper is not a good analogy....Maybe Culpepper won't be scrambling like the old Culpepper but he can still throw and he can still lead...Davis's whole game is affected because of his position as a running back...totally different scenario....

Exactly yes.gif

trink39.gif

I think Nick knows what he's doing, after all, the Fins recovered from a dismal start to finish 9-7 and barely miss the playoffs. They also won six straight at the end of the season, so in 2006 they will start on a winning streak! cheer.gif

QUOTE (Scheamer Dreamer @ Mar 17 2006, 08:55 PM)
Ask yourself, why was Minnesota so happy to get rid of him even though it meant holding on to an aging QB like Brad Johnson.

Salary cap reasons, the boat incident, team rebuilding. Brad Johnson's a short term fix, he will probably be a back up at best, the Vikes are looking for a replacement.

QUOTE (dweezil @ Mar 17 2006, 09:13 PM)
Ask yourself, why was Minnesota so happy to get rid of him even though it meant holding on to an aging QB like Brad Johnson.

Salary cap reasons, the boat incident, team rebuilding. Brad Johnson's a short term fix, he will probably be a back up at best, the Vikes are looking for a replacement.

That was me again logged in as dweez by mistake laugh.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Mar 17 2006, 04:13 PM)

plus the fact Culpepper asked to be traded...no use keeping him around with bad blood happening between him and management especially when you are rebuilding...

Like I said I'm in the wait and see mode when it comes to Culpepper but a change of scenery, especially to his home turf, just might be the best thing for him and the Fish...

I was gonna say I'm impressed that you got Dweez into football so quick! tongue.gif laugh.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 17 2006, 11:00 PM)

plus the fact Culpepper asked to be traded...no use keeping him around with bad blood happening between him and management especially when you are rebuilding...

Like I said I'm in the wait and see mode when it comes to Culpepper but a change of scenery, especially to his home turf, just might be the best thing for him and the Fish...

I concur new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

In the end only time will tell, but it's a very interesting scenario for us Fins fans biggrin.gif

Here's my little conspiracy theory: I think DC has been wanting out of Minn for some time and was tanking it just to get traded (knee injury not withstanding). He should be much happier in MIA. Will be interesting!

QUOTE (Huck @ Mar 16 2006, 08:12 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 17 2006, 12:55 AM)

goodpost.gif

Exactly yes.gif

trink39.gif

This injury will affect his throwing as well. He will not set the same before release. Again, mark my words.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 17 2006, 06:00 PM)

fin fans will have to wait until at least week 8 at the earliest

QUOTE (Scheamer Dreamer @ Mar 21 2006, 07:44 AM)

What, to play, or to have an impact? confused13.gif

If you are saying to play you're wrong..according to this interview with him Duante says he will be playing the first game of the season

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/footbal...-dolphins-front

Edited to say that it is possible he might not play in the first game but I highly doubt he will miss first 7 games...I guess it is highly speculative but it's been reported Duante is ahead of schedule on his rehab...

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 21 2006, 10:46 AM)
QUOTE (Scheamer Dreamer @ Mar 21 2006, 07:44 AM)

What, to play, or to have an impact? confused13.gif

If you are saying to play you're wrong..according to this interview with him Duante says he will be playing the first game of the season

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/footbal...-dolphins-front

Edited to say that it is possible he might not play in the first game but I highly doubt he will miss first 7 games...I guess it is highly speculative but it's been reported Duante is ahead of schedule on his rehab...

like you say t4vs, we'll all have to wait and see. by the way iv'e never known an athelete to ever say "i'm behind schedule with my rehab" but you should trade for me anyways. then again, who would have ever thought T.O. would have made it back in time for the superbowl. all in all the injury is considered to be one that takes 1 full year to recover from and i believe he sustained it sometime in october which puts us around week 8 this year. i think my reasoning was quite reasonable.

QUOTE (Scheamer Dreamer @ Oct 12 2006, 04:24 AM)
Dinged up Culpepper makes room for Harrington. I hate to say I told you so. So i won't

You said he wouldn't be available til week 8...Culpepper played the first 4 games of the season. He sucked but he still played....So what do you mean "I told you so?" confused13.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 12 2006, 10:43 AM)
QUOTE (Scheamer Dreamer @ Oct 12 2006, 04:24 AM)
Dinged up Culpepper makes room for Harrington. I hate to say I told you so. So i won't

You said he wouldn't be available til week 8...Culpepper played the first 4 games of the season. He sucked but he still played....So what do you mean "I told you so?" confused13.gif

yes.gif Dead right, you tell him Testy new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Culpepper has lost his mojo, he just needs to find it agin yes.gif

You can't blame it all on Culpepper either the Miami offensive line has been shit for the last few years now.

Archived