The Rush Vault

BassUnderPressure

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Feb 21 2006, 04:33 PM)
My god, how many threads must there be like this?

Anyway, my dream setlist is one that changes every night and isn't the same thing show after show after show like R30.

yes.gif There are times when I think we discussed everything there is to discuss about 2.gif 20 x over and over again ! laugh.gif Not that theres anything wrong with that I'm just as guilty! Agree about the changing set list that would be cool but RUSH could never be that spontaneous there perfectionist and probably feel the need to have a ridged set list so by mid tour they'll be in full stride.

QUOTE (2112-Rob-2112 @ Feb 28 2006, 08:46 AM)
need to play the whole 2112 I would be happy smile.gif

no.gif Not me I'm getting a little tired of 2112 besides already played in it's entirety during T4E tour. Been there done that got the t-shirt! tongue.gif

Songs I would like to hear that weren't on the last tour or two (or ever in some cases):

Beneath, Between and Behind

Camera Eye

Chain Lightning

Digital Man

Enemy Within (part one of Fear Trilogy)

Entre Nous

Passage to Bangkok (full)

Something for Nothing

Vapor Trail

Xanadu (full version)

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Feb 28 2006, 10:20 PM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Feb 27 2006, 01:34 PM)
QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Feb 21 2006, 10:54 AM)
Camera eye is never going to happen, according to Geddy.  They just can't recreate it live. 

That is incorrect. The can certainly recreate that song live (it isn't that difficult). What Geddy said was that they don't want to play that song live.

hmmm...I wonder, was he holding his thumbs to his temples and waving when he said that.

As I recall, he was addressing all those requests from fans for that song. He mentioned that they had tried to work it up for the last two tours, and that they just couldn't get it up to their standards. My guess would be integration problems w/ the keyboards and bass at critical parts of the song. I saw the quote on the official website during the R30 tour. The interview is no longer there.

Soft spoken Geddy even apologized for not being able to add it to the set list.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

I believe he says it just doesn't feel fun to them. They figure if they aren't going to be energetic for a ten minute song, the crowd won't dig it either. Enthusiam is contagious.

QUOTE (tepes22b @ Mar 1 2006, 03:04 AM)
QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Feb 28 2006, 10:20 PM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Feb 27 2006, 01:34 PM)
QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Feb 21 2006, 10:54 AM)
Camera eye is never going to happen, according to Geddy.  They just can't recreate it live. 

That is incorrect. The can certainly recreate that song live (it isn't that difficult). What Geddy said was that they don't want to play that song live.

hmmm...I wonder, was he holding his thumbs to his temples and waving when he said that.

As I recall, he was addressing all those requests from fans for that song. He mentioned that they had tried to work it up for the last two tours, and that they just couldn't get it up to their standards. My guess would be integration problems w/ the keyboards and bass at critical parts of the song. I saw the quote on the official website during the R30 tour. The interview is no longer there.

Soft spoken Geddy even apologized for not being able to add it to the set list.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

I believe he says it just doesn't feel fun to them. They figure if they aren't going to be energetic for a ten minute song, the crowd won't dig it either. Enthusiam is contagious.

Exactly. I has nothing to do with them being able reproducing the song live. It has to do with them not wanting to play it live.

Archived