R30 Earthshine drumming

the masked drummer

In the 8 2.gif shows I've seen I've noticed only two slight miscues by Neil. Both were overshadowed by the amazing way he covered for them, and I'm sure not more than a dozen other fans noticed. The first was in TS during the MP tour. In the guitar solo he began the second run a half beat early, but he corrected it so perfectly that only Ged's look back at him gave it away for those who weren't counting along.

The other was during the P/G tour, and I'm not at all sure he didn't change up on purpose.

Who am I to critic the great Peart? blush4.gif

While we are on the subject of Neil's mistakes, I saw him fail to catch his drumstick after throwing it up in the air during Freewill in Glasgow on the RTB tour.

I think that there is someting strange in part of The Big Money on RIR - don't know if it is Neil or Alex's mistake.

However as others have stated, they are human and because they are usually so good - the mistakes probably stand out bit more and cause more shock and amazement.

I didn't catch that, I must admit! I'm gonna check this out right away, though! Perhaps Neil was trying to improvise a bit (at last!) in this track, and slipped up unnoticeably. Yet, one of the things that make improvising beautiful is that errors do occur.

QUOTE (Ern2112 @ Jan 31 2006, 11:05 AM)
I couldnt agree more vicious. The funny thing is......I feel I know Neil a little bit now....after reading Ghost Rider.....and watching him fumble a little bit......he really is just human....not a god. He is just like us...and he knows it. He seems to be the most private of the three.....but he has put it all on the table for us.....how ironic. You never see him in the press interviews....just Alex and Geddy......kinda funny

agreed.....

Archived