Man has heart attack after Bettis fumble

Indica

We all were joking about having heart attacks during the Steeler game last week, but some guy really did when Bettis fumbled.

Man has heart attack after bettis fumble

'Bus' has some heartening words for hospitalized fan

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Jerome Bettis almost gave Terry O'Neill another heart attack.

The Arlington man, who suffered cardiac arrest Sunday after Bettis fumbled near the Indianapolis Colts' goal line, had another heart-pounding moment in his hospital room Tuesday when he and the "Bus" spoke briefly during a national radio telecast.

"It was pretty exciting to talk to Jerome -- but I managed to stay calm," said O'Neill, who told Bettis he was more upset that he might end his career ingloriously than concerned that the fumble might have cost the Steelers the game.

"Everybody's entitled to one mistake in a thousand, and that's about what your record is," O'Neill told Bettis during "The Dan Patrick Show" on ESPN Radio.

While O'Neill knew he was about to speak with his football idol, the exchange surprised Bettis, who hadn't heard what happened to O'Neill and was unaware Patrick's producer arranged to have him on another line during the interview.

"We have another tough one this week, you might not want to watch," Bettis said after wishing O'Neill a speedy recovery.

But O'Neill, who was saved by two city firefighters watching the game with him at Cupka's I tavern on the South Side, said he plans to return there for Sunday's game against the Broncos if doctors release him in time from UPMC Presbyterian hospital in Oakland.

"I'll just have to behave myself," he said.

they have this guy on CNN now

hes ok and home, his wife said...

his 1st words outta his mouth in Hospital after this

happened was "Who won" laugh.gif

Now THATS a Fan cheer.gif applaudit.gif yes.gif

Archived