roller coasters rock !

Tick

QUOTE (owlswing @ May 27 2007, 09:45 AM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ May 27 2007, 09:43 AM)
2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):
paganoman, owlswing

Since it's just you and I in the coasters thread.....

Here's a bench for you to wait on.  laugh.gif

http://www.indospectrum.com/digimages/chicago2/cd007_bench_in_snow.jpg

wub.gif

A cold, icy one too! wink.gif

Ahh a bench...best ride in any park! yes.gif

Ooops rofl3.gif

I didn't even realize it had snow on it.

I promise we'll find you a warmer bench. biggrin.gif

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (paganoman @ May 27 2007, 09:49 AM)
QUOTE (owlswing @ May 27 2007, 09:45 AM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ May 27 2007, 09:43 AM)
2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):
paganoman, owlswing

Since it's just you and I in the coasters thread.....

Here's a bench for you to wait on.  laugh.gif

wub.gif

A cold, icy one too! wink.gif

Ahh a bench...best ride in any park! yes.gif

Ooops rofl3.gif

I didn't even realize it had snow on it.

I promise we'll find you a warmer bench. biggrin.gif

Heat of summer in a park, sitting on a bench...I'll take the icy one...It's HOT in here!

good lord you couldnt find me dead on one of those roller coasters.. or maybe you would b/c i would have a heart attack.. i fear heights and will never get over that fear..

QUOTE (Part 4 of a Trilogy @ May 27 2007, 09:22 PM)
good lord  you couldnt find me dead on one of those roller coasters.. or maybe you would b/c  i would have a heart attack.. i fear heights and will never get over that fear..

well here...

you can come sit on this bench with Necro & Owlswing then...

laugh.gif

You know, when I was young, no roller coaster was violent enough. Now IM getting older, and I cant take it any more. What happens to your brain? I know its not just the coasters, when I play wiht the kids spinning around in circles, I get dizzier much easier....

So Im on the bench too. Pass me a soda...

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 28 2007, 12:35 PM)
You know, when I was young, no roller coaster was violent enough. Now IM getting older, and I cant take it any more. What happens to your brain? I know its not just the coasters, when I play wiht the kids spinning around in circles, I get dizzier much easier....

So Im on the bench too. Pass me a soda...

The design phase of these rides have become so advanced in every major aspect. The physical track, the trains/seats/restraints, the angles and curves, the lift hills.... I don't need to tell an engineer. laugh.gif

However, what I love about the latest and greatest is how SMOOTH they are. The designers can know and control the forces on your body throughout every inch of the ride nowadays before the first shovel ever digs into the ground. It's allowed them to build such tall, fast, and incredible rides that don't beat you up like the coasters of the 70's and even moreso the 80's.

Let's use Six Flags Great Adventure for a perfect example. Get on the Arrow designed Great American Scream Machine which dates back to 1986, I believe. A 7 loop corkscrew type coaster. It rides so rough that you can come off that thing with a headache and feel like you've suffered whiplash. There are MANY of those all over the country.

However, afterwards get yourself on Nitro or Medusa. Both designed by B&M out of Switzerland. Everything is designed PERFECTLY - that you're no longer fighting the ride's forces. No more getting thrown around and slammed to the sides. Don't get me wrong, I still LIKE that kind of thing - but if I experience that on any coaster I know they designed it to be that way. These Mega coasters nowadays look so intimidating in their heights and sheer size - but they treat you so well when you're on them.

yes.gif Get on one, man. You'll LOVE it. yes.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ May 28 2007, 12:17 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 28 2007, 12:35 PM)
You know, when I was young, no roller coaster was violent enough.  Now IM getting older, and I cant take it any more.  What happens to your brain?  I know its not just the coasters, when I play wiht the kids spinning around in circles, I get dizzier much easier....

So Im on the bench too.  Pass me a soda...

The design phase of these rides have become so advanced in every major aspect. The physical track, the trains/seats/restraints, the angles and curves, the lift hills.... I don't need to tell an engineer. laugh.gif

However, what I love about the latest and greatest is how SMOOTH they are. The designers can know and control the forces on your body throughout every inch of the ride nowadays before the first shovel ever digs into the ground. It's allowed them to build such tall, fast, and incredible rides that don't beat you up like the coasters of the 70's and even moreso the 80's.

Let's use Six Flags Great Adventure for a perfect example. Get on the Arrow designed Great American Scream Machine which dates back to 1986, I believe. A 7 loop corkscrew type coaster. It rides so rough that you can come off that thing with a headache and feel like you've suffered whiplash. There are MANY of those all over the country.

However, afterwards get yourself on Nitro or Medusa. Both designed by B&M out of Switzerland. Everything is designed PERFECTLY - that you're no longer fighting the ride's forces. No more getting thrown around and slammed to the sides. Don't get me wrong, I still LIKE that kind of thing - but if I experience that on any coaster I know they designed it to be that way. These Mega coasters nowadays look so intimidating in their heights and sheer size - but they treat you so well when you're on them.

yes.gif Get on one, man. You'll LOVE it. yes.gif

A compadre of mine from work was telling me all about the coasters at Great Adventure (he has season tix). They sound FUN!!! But Im telling ya, it aint just the coatsers - I was whipping around the kids on one of those rotating metal turntables (at a playground in the Poconos, I think theyve been oputlawed by the nanny state near me) and Im telling you I almost threw up by the time i was done smile.gif

Re: Great Adventure, the guy was telling me about going fast, going really high, and going vertical at times - sounded like a blast!!!!

I'm a cat.gif when it comes to roller coasters and other stomach-in-throat rides. 062802puke_prv.gif

i got sick just looking at those pictures/videos...my wife has been trying to get me to go on a roller coaster for years now. also bungee jumping, parasailing. and parachuting. no.gif effen way am i ever going to do any of those...nope, not going to happen.

QUOTE (Part 4 of a Trilogy @ May 28 2007, 05:09 PM)
i got sick just looking at those pictures/videos...my wife has been trying to get me to go on a roller coaster for years now. also bungee jumping, parasailing. and parachuting. no.gif effen way am i ever going to do any of those...nope, not going to happen.

Skydiving was probably the most thrilling thing I've ever done. Rolling out of a plane at 11,000 feet really can't compare with anything else. It's a feeling that cannot be explained, only experienced.

QUOTE (paganoman @ May 28 2007, 05:20 PM)
i got sick just looking at those pictures/videos...my wife has been trying to get me to go on  a roller coaster for years now.  also bungee jumping, parasailing. and parachuting.        no.gif effen way am i ever going to do any of those...nope, not going to happen.

Skydiving was probably the most thrilling thing I've ever done. Rolling out of a plane at 11,000 feet really can't compare with anything else. It's a feeling that cannot be explained, only experienced.

try jumping out of a helicopter at 625 feet with 80 pound of equipment. Large pucker factor.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ May 28 2007, 07:09 PM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ May 28 2007, 05:20 PM)
i got sick just looking at those pictures/videos...my wife has been trying to get me to go on  a roller coaster for years now.  also bungee jumping, parasailing. and parachuting.        no.gif effen way am i ever going to do any of those...nope, not going to happen.

try jumping out of a helicopter at 625 feet with 80 pound of equipment. Large pucker factor.

Egad you did that!?!?!

To me skydiving and bungee jumping is "simulated suicide" - cant get into it smile.gif

Tell your wife that I will go with her. yes.gif

Necro is a cat.gif too.

sad.gif

QUOTE (CeeJ @ May 28 2007, 09:15 PM)

Necro is a cat.gif too.

sad.gif

Pags can join you too. Necro, P4T and I can watch from a bench yes.gif

QUOTE (owlswing @ May 28 2007, 09:20 PM)
QUOTE (CeeJ @ May 28 2007, 09:15 PM)

Necro is a cat.gif too.

sad.gif

Pags can join you too. Necro, P4T and I can watch from a bench yes.gif

So....

When are we going???

unsure.gif

Man I love Roller Coasters!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/pixey/DSCF0932.jpg

As long as they are these Roller Coasters. tongue.gif

QUOTE (pixey @ May 28 2007, 09:40 PM)
Man I love Roller Coasters!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/pixey/DSCF0932.jpg

As long as they are these Roller Coasters. tongue.gif

laugh.gif

My son decided to try out the 'Ghoster Coaster' at Canada's Wonderland last weekend. As you can see in the picture below, he didn't like it very much. The two smiling kids are his cousins, and he's the one with the "let me offa this thing" look. Ah well, hopefully he's not scared off of roller coasters for good. biggrin.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/bastillenight/2007-05-13GhosterCoaster.jpg

Archived