king kong!!!!!

Tick

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol my friends are retards. none of them apparently know anything about the original, they just think of it as the giant gorilla running through the city. they're all like "yea they go to this island and stuff and there's all these dinosaurs and stuff in the new one, it's like they're trying to add too much to the story of king kong" i'm like "dude they went to that island and there were dinosaurs in the original one" and they're like ".....really?" lol but anyway yea the movie looks friggin awesome, i can't wait to see it.

This is Peter Jackson's dream project..Ever since he was a kid he wanted to remake this classic so we can all imagined how great this will be if it's anything like the LOTR trilogy...

The original has just been released on Special Edition DVD and I put it on my Xmas Wish List biggrin.gif

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a321/hemispheres2005/nextone/kong33_art.jpg

The '76 remake was HORRIBLE! Though with Kong battling planes on the WTC rather than the Empire State Building makes for sobering thoughts considering the 9/11 tragedy.

i actually liked the remake in 76,i was 12 so i thought it was cool.this one i expect to be awesome.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Dec 9 2005, 03:32 AM)

The '76 remake was HORRIBLE!  Though with Kong battling planes on the WTC rather than the Empire State Building makes for sobering thoughts considering the 9/11 tragedy.

Yeah, dude, but Jessica Lange back when she was fully hot kind of makes it worth watching!

http://arkadia.canalblog.com/images/Jessicalange.jpg

Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (slacker @ Dec 9 2005, 01:05 AM)
200 million Dollars to make ohmy.gif

bring it!

'King Kong' sixth most expensive Hollywood film: Forbes

A new version of "King Kong" to be released for the holiday season, from New Zealand director Peter Jackson, is reportedly the sixth most expensive film in Hollywood history. The adventures of the giant gorilla are shown through special effects costing 207 million dollars, compared with the 10 million dollars, in today's money, spent on the original by Merian Cooper in 1933, according to the New York-based business magazine Forbes.

Forbes said Hollywood spent an average of 64 million dollars per film in 2004.

The most expensive ever was "Cleopatra," with Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton, directed by Joseph Mankiewicz in 1963, for 286.4 million dollars (in 2005 money).

Second was "Titanic," by James Cameron (1997) for 247 million dollars.

Two years later, "Waterworld," directed by Kevin Costner, cost 229 million dollars.

And "Terminator 3," the latest film starring Arnold Schwarzenegger before he become California governor, cost 216 million dollars in 2003.

"Spider-Man 2" was made in 2004 for 210 million dollars, "Wild Wild West" with Will Smith for 203.8 million dollars in 1999 and "Speed 2" in 1997, cost 198.8 US dollars.

whoa....i didn't realize until just today that this was supposed to be a 3 hour movie. holy crap lol.

actually that's awesome, i love three hour movies as long as they're good which this one definitely looks like it will be.

i guess it makes sense coming from peter jackson, what with making the lord of the rings movies and all lol.

STUDIO SEES 'KONG' $110 MILLION OPEN

Tue Dec 13 2005 16:10:46 ET

Internal projections at UNIVERSAL have KING KONG opening large tonight-tomorrow at the nation's theaters -- but not large enough to catch the year's biggest open STAR WARS: SITH!

"It will come in around $110 million domestic," a top production source with finger's-crossed tells the DRUDGE REPORT from Los Angeles.

If reached, the opening would top last month's HARRY POTTER.

UNIVERSAL has turned hot with award-darling BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN and Spielberg's MUNICH breaking out over the coming weeks.

www.drudgereport.com

QUOTE (slacker @ Dec 13 2005, 05:08 PM)
King Kong went to play with his Ding Dong ohmy.gif

common001.gif

QUOTE (slacker @ Dec 15 2005, 02:15 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Dec 13 2005, 06:14 PM)
QUOTE (slacker @ Dec 13 2005, 05:08 PM)
King Kong went to play with his Ding Dong ohmy.gif

common001.gif

icon_alienjig.gif common001.gif 653.gif

653.gif cheer.gif common001.gif cheer.gif 653.gif cheer.gif common001.gif icon_alienjig.gif 653.gif cheer.gif icon_alienjig.gif icon_alienjig.gif common001.gif moon.gif 653.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Dec 15 2005, 02:14 PM)
ohmy.gif $9.7M OPENING; #21 ALL TIME WEDNESDAY; BELOW POKEMON... http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Drumnut/Animalhalo.gif

yikes, that is a small opening!

maybe some of it is that it's not a franchise, like a harry potter or star wars or LOTR opening on a wednesday has a built in audience and this has none. like i want to see it, but never was i gonna bother seeing it on a wednesday - i can wait till the week-end. maybe others are thinking along the same lines?

or maybe it'll be like titanic with no unbelievable week-ends, but just steady business from word of mouth that adds up over time?

we'll see...

give it time this movie will pick up steam.you have to realize a 3 hour movie on a wednesday night doesnt work for a lot of people.wait till this weekend.

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 15 2005, 04:30 PM)
give it time this movie will pick up steam.you have to realize a 3 hour movie on a wednesday night doesnt work for a lot of people.wait till this weekend.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I agree, the 3 hour length kept people away on a Wednesday night and the King Kong story will sell in the end! The weekend should produce a better showing! http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Drumnut/Animalhalo.gif