How about Looney Tunes and Pink Panther

floydfanatic111

This is all I pretty much watch. I am sick of reality TV. If I see one more Celebrity Reality show, I will 062802puke_prv.gif seriously.

Some of my favorite cartoons were

Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck in Duck Amuck, Rabbit Fire and Ali Baba Bunny

Bugs Bunny Rabbit Rampage, Long-Haired Hare and many others

I can go on about Looney Tunes.

The Pink Panther had many funny cartoons like Little Beaux Pink, The Pink Phink, Pink Pranks and many others. Other greats on the Pink Panther block are The Inspector, Ant and the Aardvark and my buddy Misterjaw and his infamous "EEGOTCHA". Let's not forget The Tijuana Toads, they rules!

I loved the 'Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show' growing up, back in the day of Saturday Morning Cartoons.

I wish they were still on the air sad.gif

http://looney.goldenagecartoons.com/tv/bugstweety/bnt883.jpg

Atleast I still have my favorite episodes downloaded.

"The Rabbit of Seville"

and

"Transylvania 6-5000"

Of course one has to wonder why the aardvark had a New York Jewish accent.

Rushengal, I bet you didn't know that even before it was the Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show it was the Bugs Bunny Road Runner Hour back during the '70s.

I always loved the Road Runner cartoons. I know they are considered violent, but watching Wile E Coyote develop a complex plan or contraption to catch the Road Runner and then watching said plan fail disastrously was always a laugh riot. Not to say that I laugh at others' pain, I just knew it wasn't real.

My favorite episode has always been the one where Wile E was trying to use a catapult to smash the Road Runner, but every time he fired the thing, he would get smashed. Finally, it is determined the catapult was manufactured by the Road Runner Catapult Co.

QUOTE (rushengal @ Dec 1 2005, 11:47 AM)
I loved the 'Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show' growing up, back in the day of Saturday Morning Cartoons.
I wish they were still on the air sad.gif
http://looney.goldenagecartoons.com/tv/bugstweety/bnt883.jpg

Atleast I still have my favorite episodes downloaded.
"The Rabbit of Seville"
and
"Transylvania 6-5000"

Rushengal if you have cable it's still on Teletoon... yes.gif cool10.gif

QUOTE (slacker @ Dec 2 2005, 01:20 AM)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y234/bobwire/ant.jpg

rofl3.gif one of my favorites rofl3.gif

Greatest cartoon characters.

http://www.nostalgiacentral.com/images_tv/kids/pinkpan3.jpg

Thank goodness I have Boomerang. The Inspector was classic. The Pink Panther is classic, he may not talk but always comes out on top with his wits and charm. Misterjaw is a classic German shark. The Ant and the Aardvark were funny too.

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Dec 2 2005, 05:20 AM)
Of course one has to wonder why the aardvark had a New York Jewish accent.

Rushengal, I bet you didn't know that even before it was the Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show it was the Bugs Bunny Road Runner Hour back during the '70s.

I always loved the Road Runner cartoons. I know they are considered violent, but watching Wile E Coyote develop a complex plan or contraption to catch the Road Runner and then watching said plan fail disastrously was always a laugh riot. Not to say that I laugh at others' pain, I just knew it wasn't real.

My favorite episode has always been the one where Wile E was trying to use a catapult to smash the Road Runner, but every time he fired the thing, he would get smashed. Finally, it is determined the catapult was manufactured by the Road Runner Catapult Co.

The Ant sounded like Dean Martin and the Aardvark sounded like Jackie Mason and were voiced by comedian John Byner.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Nov 30 2005, 08:22 AM)
Loved Bugs in "what's opera doc?" and the one where he was a matador. And Daffy in "the adventures of stupor duck".

Of the Pink Panther show my favorite is definitely the Inspector (although all of the others are good too).

The Bugs Bunny-Road Runner Movie is a classic movie. My favorite cartoons were in that movie Duck Amuck, Bully for Bugs(Bugs as a matador), The Long Haired Hare, What's Opera Doc(Kill the wabbit!) and the collection of Road Runner and Coyote. Wile E. Coyote, pure genius!

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Dec 2 2005, 05:20 AM)

I didnt know that.

Yet another reason I wish I was around in the 70's

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ Dec 4 2005, 12:39 PM)
Loved Bugs in "what's opera doc?" and the one where he was a matador.  And Daffy in "the adventures of stupor duck".

Of the Pink Panther show my favorite is definitely the Inspector (although all of the others are good too).

The Bugs Bunny-Road Runner Movie is a classic movie. My favorite cartoons were in that movie Duck Amuck, Bully for Bugs(Bugs as a matador), The Long Haired Hare, What's Opera Doc(Kill the wabbit!) and the collection of Road Runner and Coyote. Wile E. Coyote, pure genius!

Yup! I've seen it several times. Great one. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 4 2005, 12:00 AM)
QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ Dec 4 2005, 12:39 PM)
Loved Bugs in "what's opera doc?" and the one where he was a matador.  And Daffy in "the adventures of stupor duck".

Yup! I've seen it several times. Great one. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

That movie is now on DVD as part of Looney Tunes Movie Collection with Bugs Bunny's 1001 Rabbit Tales. The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Movie is still the best. Chuck Jones was the greatest! "I've been known as that wascally wabbit by a certain E, Elmer Fudd...I've also been known as "That LONG EARED CARROT EATING VARMINT", by a coitain Yosemite Sam". Classic!!!!

Question?

I'm trying to remember a cartoon from around the early to mid 70's.

It was ghost (a Cat i think) that would alway at the stroke of midnight come out of a Grand Father clock and he had a saying which is eluding me ..I hope someone remembers this...Thanks smile.gif

bugs is the father of all cartoon chacacters,he opened doors so that the homers and cartmans could exist today,long live bugs!!! trink39.gif

QUOTE (slacker @ Dec 5 2005, 02:34 AM)
Question?

I'm trying to remember a cartoon from around the early to mid 70's.
It was ghost (a Cat i think) that would alway at the stroke of midnight come out of a Grand Father clock and he had a saying which is eluding me ..I hope someone remembers this...Thanks smile.gif

I believe you're thinking of 'The Funky Phantom'