Emerson Lake and Palmer

MrMiltonBanana

Greg Lake's Latest Tour Dates

http://www.greglake.com/uploads/tour/tourdates1.html

More to be announced.

It's just a few month since I discovered ELP, and im totally amazed by their fantastic sound. I love the Keith Emerson hammond virtuoso.

He is shourly the greatest, most technically accomplished keyboardist in rock history along with Jon Lord of Deep Purple.

ELP rocks! No doubt about it.

Keith Emerson's US Tour Dates

2006 Tour Schedule

June 2006 USA

June 18, Sun. Poughkeepsie, NY The Chance

June 19, Mon. Tarrytown, NY Tarrytown Music Hall

June 20, Tues. Annapolis, MD Rams Head On Stage

June 21, Wed. Alexandria, VA The Birchmere

June 22, Thurs. New York, NY B.B. King's Blues Club (MoogFest headliner)

June 23, Fri. New York, NY B.B. King's Blues Club (full KE Band show)

June 24, Sat. Ridgefield, CT Ridgefield Playhouse

June 25, Sun. Bethlehem, PA NEARfest

June 26, Mon. Arlington, MA Regent Theatre

I bought the DVD Beyond the Beginning yesterday. I have watched much of it and it is enjoyable. It has 2 DVDs. One is a bonus DVD. The first one has a lot of bits and pieces of their epics. Two different parts of Tarkus. The Take a Pebble video was pretty funny, as was the Tiger in a Spotlight video. They had all of Pirates, with the infamous orchestra. That alone was worth the price of the CD.

The bonus had Karn Evil 9, 1st Impression, Part 2, including Palmer's drum solo, which was pretty cool. Both DVDs had Palmer's part of Toccata, also. Both DVDs had a version of Karn Evil 9, 3rd Impression. The bonus had Keith Emerson's spinning piano, which was hilarious.

Also included are interviews, a celebrity race, and some rehearsal film.

Check it out. And if any of you know of other ELP DVDs I should check out, please let me know.

I just recently got into ELP, and I really like there music, but you have to get past Emerson's keyboards to enjoy there music, because some would find it annoying. Knife Edge is one of my favorite songs of all time, and my favorite from them.

I dont, unfortunately own any of there stuff, all the stuff i have is downloaded, But, my guitarist has ELP and Trilogy on vinyl.

Ive seen a really good video on YouTube which has an incredible version of Knife Edge. Keith Emerson even jumps over his keyboard and messes it up in the end, but still ends up playing, backwards.

Archived